Cabo San Lucas with a 10.5 month old?

DispatchJess

Hi all! Husband and I leave on the 1st with our 10.5 month old on the Carnival Miracle. We'd been back and forth about excursions leaning more towards walking around on our own- especially since we got the wonderful upgrade call and moved into an ocean suite from our balcony cabin.

Any suggestions on what to do if we were to book an excursion with our son? We'll have his stroller and he loves the water but I don't want him over-exerted in the heat/sun and be stuck on an excursion in case he needs a nap but I also don't want to be stuck to the port/pier area if we have an opportunity to venture out safely.

I'm super terrified of being left behind (had a close call in Cozumel last year- our own fault which I admit- but since then I'm super worried!)

Thank you :)

You can also post on the Mexico ports of cal board to get more information.

Cabo is a tender port so as you plan your day factor tender time.

There is a very nice area at the tender drop off pier where you can push the stroller and walk around. There are lots of shops. You might want to do that and you can walk about 10 to 15 minutes on that walkway into the downtown area.

Keith

I would not suggest a ship's sponsored tour with a number of other guests from the ship. You'd be obliged to remain with the group unless you got private transportation back to the ship in the event it becomes too much for your baby.

Having raised, and travelled with, four children - and now doing some of the same with their children - there is no way I would bring a ten month old on an organized ship's tour; or get involved in any activity which does not permit ready retreat to our base. The ten month old always out-votes his travelling companions when it comes to deciding whether an activity has gone on too long.

You can also post on the Mexico ports of cal board to get more information.

Cabo is a tender port so as you plan your day factor tender time.

There is a very nice area at the tender drop off pier where you can push the stroller and walk around. There are lots of shops. You might want to do that and you can walk about 10 to 15 minutes on that walkway into the downtown area.

Keith

At the end of the tender pier is a great restaurant making fresh fish tacos-they were delicious !I agree with Keith and others-do not go on a shop's tour

I also wanted to add that Cabo has lots of cheap 'water taxis' around the bay for people to grab and there are cheap boats that go out to Lands end. These boats get very rocky if its rough seas but are a great mini excursion as they take around an hour.

The beach on the other side of where you dock is also great and reachable by water taxi. Great for families.