Freedom of the seas balcony cabins help

hamishcat

Hello

I have been unable to get onto the Freedom of the Seas section for some reason which is why I am posting here. I am about to book for the Western Caribbean cruising on 25th September next year as as novices to cruising we don't know which type of cabin is best to book. We want one that is quiet if possible so which deck would be best. We definitely want a balcony on the side of the ship but can anyone tell me what the difference is between a "superior" and "deluxe" cabin. Also what do the different categories mean, i.e E1, D2 etc.

Many thanks

Hello

I have been unable to get onto the Freedom of the Seas section for some reason which is why I am posting here. I am about to book for the Western Caribbean cruising on 25th September next year as as novices to cruising we don't know which type of cabin is best to book. We want one that is quiet if possible so which deck would be best. We definitely want a balcony on the side of the ship but can anyone tell me what the difference is between a "superior" and "deluxe" cabin. Also what do the different categories mean, i.e E1, D2 etc.

Many thanks

I'd go for decks 7, 8, or 9. The difference between "D" and "E" is a small amount of space, the "E" has a two-person loveseat, and the "D" has a three-person sofa. The difference between a "1" and "2" is that the "1" can usually accommodate more than two guests.

Look at the Freedom deck plan, and you'll notice a midship "bump out" or the "hump." The D2 staterooms on deck 9 smack dab in the middle are already booked. Next best would be 9622 or 9320. However, I think we'd pick an E2. There are quite a few available on the "hump." 7338, 7340, 7638, 7640, etc.

Those staterooms are sandwiched between two passenger decks and are very quiet. You won't hear any noise from elevators or stairwells at all. I hope this helps. If you opt for a suite, I'd again pick midship ...