2 months from today-Breisach Germany

yoshi

Working away at your desk, realizing "Two months from today I'll be docking at Breisach, Germany, on Christmas Eve!"

Does anyone else play this game?

Six weeks ago last Tuesday I was docked at Breisach, Germany and had escargot for lunch in Riquewhir at the Grappa d' Oro.....but No, I don't play that game. :D

PS: the shopping in Riquewhir was amazing and my point is that they all have booths at the Christmas market! The shop owner I was talking to said they make 50% of their annual income from the markets!! Bought some fantastic stuff!!! (If I knew the name of his shop, I would tell you to look for it, sorry)

Working away at your desk, realizing "Two months from today I'll be docking at Breisach, Germany, on Christmas Eve!"

Yep. Two months from today we'll be cruising down the Main headed towards Wurzburg. :)

Of course we play this game! Two months from today we'll be flying to Barcelona for Christmas. No cruise, but still fun!

I think my husband might rather do Barcelona for Christmas too (a little warmer than the Rhine.) Maybe an idea for next year...

For this year I can't wait for the Rhine river towns all sparkly and dressed up for Christmas.

I think my husband might rather do Barcelona for Christmas too (a little warmer than the Rhine.) Maybe an idea for next year...

For this year I can't wait for the Rhine river towns all sparkly and dressed up for Christmas.

We saw pictures in September when we were there and it looks beautiful....but not for me, it's cold enough here in December I don't need to go looking for winter! But you live in San Diego so you have a different perspective!

Edited by Hydrokitty

Wish I could say in ... from now I will be on the ... Alas, I have to stay at home. But before anyone gets annoyed with me I will quickly confess that I am looking forward to the Christmas markets. So in four weeks and six days from now I will be eating some nice food at a Christmas market nearby. :):)

notamermaid

Four weeks from today I will be in Berlin, sightseeing and enjoying the Christmas markets there before ,moving on to Nuremberg to board the Viking Var for a Heart of Germany cruise.

Four weeks from today I will be in Berlin, sightseeing and enjoying the Christmas markets there before moving on to Nuremberg to board the Viking Var for a Heart of Germany cruise.

We are doing Viking's 3-day pre-cruise at the Sheraton Charles Bridge hotel in Prague before taking their transfer to Nuremberg. ;)

I understand it is a 7-hour trip from Prague to Nuremberg because we stop in some towns for lunch, sightseeing, and bathrooms. :cool:

How long is your trip from Berlin? Is it a Viking transfer? See you on board. :D

OK - Two months from today is Christmas (pre-Merry Christmas everyone!)

We'll be in Strausbourg, France. I wonder if everything will be closed up? I would imagine the boat has a nice celebration onboard but I do hope we get to see some of the town.

I've bought leather boots, warm cushy boots and short rain boots for this cruise. I haven't had a chance to wear them yet in San Diego, were still pretty warm here.

Just 35 days to arriving in Budapest and going to the Nutcracker at the Hungarian Opera House in Budapest before embarking with Uniworld for Christmas Markets in Budapest, Slovakia, Vienna, Salzburg, Passau, etc...

It's finally beginning to seem real. Just 32 days before heading to Munich for precruise stay. I really do feel blessed.

Just 35 days to arriving in Budapest and going to the Nutcracker at the Hungarian Opera House in Budapest before embarking with Uniworld for Christmas Markets in Budapest, Slovakia, Vienna, Salzburg, Passau, etc...

It's finally beginning to seem real. Just 32 days before heading to Munich for precruise stay. I really do feel blessed.

First Budapest Christmas markets.....now the Nutcracker.... at the Opera House...in Budapest... AND Vienna AND Salzburg AND Passau...:mad: mumble, mumble, mumble

PS: When in Passau do try to get to an organ concert at St. Stephen's....it's absolutely wonderful....and Christmas music would be a mind-blowing experience....for me anyway....now I have to go find my Vantage catalog and think up a plausible reason to not be home for Christmas next year!!! :D

Budapest at Christmas????? I just turned green with envy!! :D

The Christmas markets in Budapest were wonderful! Less "Made in China" junk, great food and a wonderful ambiance. Loved it!

My favorites remain in Berlin and we leave for that trip three weeks from Friday:D.

The Christmas markets in Budapest were wonderful! Less "Made in China" junk, great food and a wonderful ambiance. Loved it!

My favorites remain in Berlin and we leave for that trip three weeks from Friday:D.

I love Budapest's markets. I also really liked the market (I am pretty sure it's juried, like an art fair) in front of Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna. Lovely items!!

We are excited to be ending our cruise (Viking Danube Waltz) in Passau, then heading to Prague for 3 nights. That's a new spot for us. :-)