Half Moon Cay Villa/Cabana question

tony_g51181

Okay so we are planning a cruise where we will stop in Half Moon cay and was wondering how they did the limited number of guest for the villas/cabana? I see for villa its 8 people and cabana its 4 people do they give arm bands? could ppl within your group switch out if they did not want to return to the villa or cabana? Thanks

I had a cabana and only the max amount of people (4) who were had tickets got the "ride" to the cabana. The rest of my party (there were 9 of us total) walked to the cabana and we all enjoyed it all day.

This may be what you did, but just to let others no, the cabana price is for 4 people and there is an additional charge for a fifth or sixth person... That is the Max that are allowed to use it. While the poster above got away with not paying and having way over the max, I would be prepared, that they may say something to you, since the excursion has this specific number listed and extra pay for guests 5 and 6.

The rest of my party were in the lounge chairs in front of our cabana. Though they did spend time in the actual cabana throughout the day. We never saw any employees checking to see how many people were in the cabana. Though, probably all 9 of us were never in there at any given time.

I'm not sure how they would enforce if you had more than 4 people in a cabana. You only get a certain amount of food, drinks, float mats and snorkel equipment. If you pay for extra people you will get more. As for paying for additional people I wouldn't worry about it unless you want the extra items.

The cabanas/ villas come with priority tender tickets for 4 / 8 people. So if you do not pay to add more, some will have to come later than others. If you do not have a priority tender ticket, you need to stand in line to get a tender number. And that can be a mad house.

The cabanas/ villas come with priority tender tickets for 4 / 8 people. So if you do not pay to add more, some will have to come later than others. If you do not have a priority tender ticket, you need to stand in line to get a tender number. And that can be a mad house.

Unless you have some that are Plat/Diamond...:D

The payment for extra people is for the soda / snorkel gear / floats. They really don't care how many people are actually in the villa or cabana at a given time.

I've rented both an honestly if any staff ever shows up its just for the excursion ticket. Our power was out most of the day so no hot tub, lights, etc. gave up trying to find anyone to help! I was never over the limit but really didn't matter. The flys ate the fruit and we drank the water. But it's amazing the folks that walk up and use your shower and even head to the bathroom.

But hey mom had a cozy place out of the sun......

Wow power outage would suck bc main reason I am considering it is for the AC portion for my mom she doesn't do too well with too much heat and needs some shade a cool air. Did they do anything to correct it? I know when I was there about three years ago I did see random people come up and use the showers for the cabana since they are pretty much at the very front.

The payment for extra people is for the soda / snorkel gear / floats. They really don't care how many people are actually in the villa or cabana at a given time.

Carnival should really state that in their write up for the excursion that they don't care how many people you bring to the cabanna, the amount charged is only for the food etc.. and they don't charge anything for the cabanna.

We rented a villa last year and had 12 people, 5 of those being kids. The kids mostly stayed in the water so it was rare that we had over the 8 max in the villa at one time. People were in and out all day long. At one point, we had one of the bartenders and some of the dance crew in there with us, and no one ever said anything.