Day Pass at the Island House in Key West

westoftheashley

It's $25 pp. The amenities they offer are free if you stay on the ship, plus if you get hungry, you'd be buying lunch there, not so if you stayed on the ship. If the purpose is to just hang out at the pool, I'd stay on the ship. As it's a clothing optional resort, if you're reason for going is to "see the sites", and "whatever"......that puts a different spin on it. Personally, if you've not been to KW before, I'd play tourist, stop into one of the bars along the way, and if that doesn't provide for a full day, spend the rest of the day around the pool on the ship.

I wouldn't do this. I'd just walk around Key West and enjoy the ambience. I think Island House works for those who stay overnight and go for the guest house experience. And Key West ain't what it used to be...back in the day...

As a former :mad:key west local, I think it ironic that complaints about key west not being what it used to be are on a cruise forum, given most folks think part of what changed key west in a negative way has been the abundance of cruise ship visitors.

Of course I think most of the change is due more to general acceptance of us lots of places ...so no longer to we have to vacation in the "gay Meccas" to be comfortable or ourselves.

To the OP, I agree with all on here...if you are doing it for the pool and sun stay aboard. If you haven't been before you should sightsee..but if you want to see and be seen, enjoy the playroom, etc, then by all means he a great time. It is (or was last time I was there) a beautiful facility and I've certainly enjoyed passing some time there.

Edited by Clay Clayton

Thanks guys. We've been to Key West before as a cruise stop. We have a couple of sea days and a stop in Cozumel where we probably won't get off the ship, so we'll be enjoying the ship's pool and areas on those days. I'm thinking we may go explore Key West in the morning and play it by ear if we want to do the island house.