Overnight in port - Day pass available?

Surrey_Pirates

Unless something has changed since last year, no. Celebrity restricts access to the ship to only passengers/crew and occassionaly TA's or other groups that might be helpful in booking the ship.

I think this should answer your question (from Celebrity website):

Q: Can friends come onboard to see me off or visit me while in a port of call?

A: For security reasons, guests are not allowed to bring visitors on board ships in any ports.

I think this should answer your question (from Celebrity website):

Q: Can friends come onboard to see me off or visit me while in a port of call?

A: For security reasons, guests are not allowed to bring visitors on board ships in any ports.

Thanks, I was just about to go hunt for that. You saved me the effort! :)

Thank you everyone for your answers!

I was guessing the answer might be that. Shame

Maybe with the overnight stops now popping up here and there Celebrity might have a rethink and consider it. After all they could charge for the privilege and they can control the numbers. Another commercial stream to consider...

Thanks though, we appreciate the speedy responses.

Thank you everyone for your answers!

I was guessing the answer might be that. Shame

Maybe with the overnight stops now popping up here and there Celebrity might have a rethink and consider it. After all they could charge for the privilege and they can control the numbers. Another commercial stream to consider...

Thanks though, we appreciate the speedy responses.

Don't let the official policy put you off though. We asked to bring family on board whilst the Solstice was in Perth Western Australia. We applied on board at Guest relations and were told that had Perth not been the end / start of a cruise we would have been granted permission. You have nothing to lose by asking. The worse thing that can happen is they say no.

We like to enjoy the quiet of the ship on some ports days...esp ones often repeated.

We would not favor this program in ports....

I believe Princess has a bon voyage experience available for guests of cruisers on embarkation day...?????

Don't let the official policy put you off though. We asked to bring family on board whilst the Solstice was in Perth Western Australia. We applied on board at Guest relations and were told that had Perth not been the end / start of a cruise we would have been granted permission. You have nothing to lose by asking. The worse thing that can happen is they say no.

I can't speak for rules and regs in Oz, but I believe the reason this request is declined in North America has to do more with Homeland Security than Celebrity. Passenger manifests must be in Homeland Security's possession 90 minutes before sail away and non-registered and non-security cleared passengers are a no-no throughout sailing.

HTP

Thank you, that is good advice.

We have a cruise with an overnight in Lisbon where we are meeting with family. As you say...nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Cheers

Hi

We have friends/family in Hong Kong and have asked this question on 2 or 3 sailings--always the same answer No. Very surprised it happened in Perth as since 9/11 security has been an issue. However they let travel agents tour ships in most Asian ports these days.

Hi

We have friends/family in Hong Kong and have asked this question on 2 or 3 sailings--always the same answer No. Very surprised it happened in Perth as since 9/11 security has been an issue. However they let travel agents tour ships in most Asian ports these days.

it never actually came to pass in Perth but earlier this year I was invited to lunch on a Princess ship by one of the passengers and we had a look around the ship and stayed for lunch. It is possible.