Two Rooms on One Side or Both

Hi,

I am getting ready to plan a Southern Caribbean 7 night cruise for 6 of us in June of 2017. It looks like it will be RCI Adventure of the Seas right now. We are looking at getting 2 Grand Suites over the Royal Family Suite, due to the fact we will have 4 teenage boys with us (more room) and I do get a little anxy in tight spaces.

My question is if it might be funner for us to have a suite on each side of the ship to be able to catch more views rather than trying to get 2 rooms with a potential connection wall or balcony? Has anyone reading here done this and did it seem beneficial for first time cruisers? There will be one adult in each room, so there are no worries there.

Edited by mmarichalar
typos and ambiguous wording

Thanks,

I got so focused on picking out rooms, that I actually forgot there will be other areas of the ship to go check out the opposite views! :D

Yeah, I agree with being more comfortable (and convenient) to be able to be next to each other.

The ideal situation would be two connecting cabins...otherwise at least on the same side preferably close by....Sorry that the balcony divider's don't open on this class of ship...that's always a plus having cabins right next to each other....Enjoy AOS we're booked on a B2B for May 2016 :D

Edited by Ashland

fyi-I think the suites only have a sofabed--do 2 teens really want to share that? My teens would rather have an inside cabin with 4 real beds (2 being upper bunks) across the hall (way cheaper, as well). Then everyone can just hang out in your suite. I read on some blogs that RCCL gave suite amenities/access to the entire family when part of the party were next door not in a suite.

Edited by elaine5

fyi-I think the suites only have a sofabed--do 2 teens really want to share that? My teens would rather have an inside cabin with 4 real beds (2 being upper bunks) across the hall (way cheaper, as well). Then everyone can just hang out in your suite. I read on some blogs that RCCL gave suite amenities/access to the entire family when part of the party were next door not in a suite.

Access for those not staying in a suite :confused:....perhaps if they were minor's...but even then not sure.

Funny coincidence, I actually did call RCI this week to ask about family members in non suite rooms. They said that specific perk either has been or will soon be taken away. I was checking, since my brother will probably also be getting a room next to us (and I was also curious about maybe upgrading one room and downgrading the other :) ). But figuring it will just be easier this way.

The boys actually survived a week at Disney sharing 2 queen beds. Plus, they are always hanging out at each others houses, so they are used to it, but even then I think we will just split the bed and then only one will sleep in the couch.

Yeah, too bad the balconies don't join, that would have been great. I am going to try to get the booking as soon as it opens, hence the early research :)

Thanks everyone for your advice and help. This will help make my first booking so much easier. Funny how it's more stressful when planning for the whole family instead of just me!

Edited by mmarichalar
clarification

So if you get a RFS, you can have the big bedroom with private bath and the teens can share the bunk room and second bath. Then you will have a big balcony with room for all and a large living room as well. Also a dining table. That's what I'd go for.

Having cabins on opposite sides of the ship would be pointless. At that point, you might as well just let RCCL pick your cabins since you'll be walking all the way around the interior cabins to get to the other rooms. The rooms may as well be on a different floor or fore/aft.

PS Stick the 4 boys in 2 connected interior rooms across the hall from you, and give them each $100 to spend. They don't need a GS.