Only took 2 weeks for new passports.

MtnDweller

Our daughter and I sent in our passport applications last Monday. Checked their status today and they are in the final stage of processing. Says we should receive them on or by next Wednesday. We opted for regular service. Can't believe they are almost done already.

WOO HOO! Let the planning begin. :D

Our daughter and I sent in our passport applications last Monday. Checked their status today and they are in the final stage of processing. Says we should receive them on or by next Wednesday. We opted for regular service. Can't believe they are almost done already.

this is awesome. We still need to get this done too. we leave for our cruise in about 100 days. good to know they are moving pretty fast to get them done.

You just never know. If you need to get them in about 100 days, don't wait.

Things slow down at holiday time and also then demand goes up after the holidays.

Keith

Agreed. We got ours in March for our trip to Germany in September. I ended up having to send DW's back for a correction for a misspelling of her middle name so it was good that we had the extra time.

Hi, does the system actually give you updates like that? Mine still says we are processing -- ?? (I also had to send in additional info - travel in a month -- getting anxious)

Hi, does the system actually give you updates like that? Mine still says we are processing -- ?? (I also had to send in additional info - travel in a month -- getting anxious)

The updates do change. Just for giggles when I saw that my check was cashed I checked the status and it said that my application was received and it was pending.

Fast forward to a the week and a half point (unbeknownst to me, it had already been processed and mailed). I checked it again and it said:

"Thank you for submitting your application for a U.S. passport book!

Your passport application is in the final processing stages.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 11/03/2015."

When I received it, it had an issue date of 10/26/2015, so it really only took a week.

I would call them if you have any concerns.

FWIW, I did expedited service with overnight shipping each way and had my new passport back eight days from when I dropped my application at the Post Office. It was a renewal, and I had my old passport to send with my application. This was about a month ago.

Edited by HeyBud