Shareholder credit, 2 cabins

Valor2005

My dh and I both have Carnival stock in our individual accounts. We're cruising with another couple so we booked two cabins - one in each of our names, with the other couple split between our two cabins. This way we can get the shareholder credit for both cabins. My question is how do we handle the S&S accounts? I know we can swap the people in the cabins, but unsure of how to get each couple on their own bill. Any help would be appreciated.

They aren't reliable to just pay up, each other directly?

You are looking to get a perk, you are skirting the edge to take advantage of.

You can ask for the change when you get on the ship, to issue new cards for the rooms, but, you are probably going to risk, one stockholder benefit being taken away?

Each person can charge his/her own credit card for S&S. Just check do not allow person to use your credit card and the other can enter their card info under their own profile. I don't know but there could be questions if you and your DH use the same credit card number or the other couple uses their same card number. You can do this online when you fill out your trip profile.

I am not aware of any per cabin charges. All the charges are per pessenger. So you should be fine.

Thank you. I couldn't remember if they showed which card was used to charge. If they show Card 1 and Card 2, the whole thing should be easy enough to figure and even up.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

They aren't reliable to just pay up, each other directly?

You are looking to get a perk, you are skirting the edge to take advantage of.

You can ask for the change when you get on the ship, to issue new cards for the rooms, but, you are probably going to risk, one stockholder benefit being taken away?

Come on, don't couch it. They are paying for one cabin, yet want shareholder credit for two cabins. The words integrity and honesty do not come to mind. But this post shares a consistent theme with many other threads on this forum. The word surprise does not come to mind either. Nor should the word surprise come to other shareholders minds if the day comes they do away with this perk.

Come on, don't couch it. They are paying for one cabin, yet want shareholder credit for two cabins. The words integrity and honesty do not come to mind. But this post shares a consistent theme with many other threads on this forum. The word surprise does not come to mind either. Nor should the word surprise come to other shareholders minds if the day comes they do away with this perk.

We actually ARE paying for both cabins. Just not paying for their incidentals.

My dh and I both have Carnival stock in our individual accounts. We're cruising with another couple so we booked two cabins - one in each of our names, with the other couple split between our two cabins. This way we can get the shareholder credit for both cabins. My question is how do we handle the S&S accounts? I know we can swap the people in the cabins, but unsure of how to get each couple on their own bill. Any help would be appreciated.

We have done this twice so far. Upon embarkation, we all went to Guest Services and asked to have our S&S cards reprogrammed so the couples roomed together.

Each person had a separate Folio number attached to his/her S&S account. My husband's Folio and stockholder obc stayed on his account even after we switched so he was in my cabin and my friend was with her husband. All charges made were on each person's folio and paid off at the end of the cruise by that couple's credit card.

Hope this helps.

Have a great cruise.

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to take advantage of the credit for both rooms, clearly they purchased stock in both of their names? There is nothing dishonest in this whatsoever. Why do some feel the need to be so critical about how others handle situations? Hope they have a great cruise and enjoy reaping the benefits of purchasing their Carnival stock!

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to take advantage of the credit for both rooms, clearly they purchased stock in both of their names? There is nothing dishonest in this whatsoever. Why do some feel the need to be so critical about how others handle situations? Hope they have a great cruise and enjoy reaping the benefits of purchasing their Carnival stock![/quote

When I read the first post, I made the assumption the other couple was paying for their own room. Under that scenario I stand by my comments that this would be dishonest. If you read her response, you would see that she provided clarification to her first post.

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to take advantage of the credit for both rooms, clearly they purchased stock in both of their names? There is nothing dishonest in this whatsoever. Why do some feel the need to be so critical about how others handle situations? Hope they have a great cruise and enjoy reaping the benefits of purchasing their Carnival stock![/quote

When I read the first post, I made the assumption the other couple was paying for their own room. Under that scenario I stand by my comments that this would be dishonest. If you read her response, you would see that she provided clarification to her first post.

I'm so sorry for the confusion. I guess I should have been more detailed in my original post. :o

First of all I did read her response, and regardless of who is paying, you should be able to take advantage of the benefit of using both shareholder accounts. We cruise with our adult children and see no problem with using both our separate accounts to purchase 2 rooms because we have indeed both purchased the stock to begin with. Just my opinion and still don't see anything dishonest with it. :)

We actually ARE paying for both cabins. Just not paying for their incidentals.

Badfinger should apologize for that crack! But he probably won't... but even if you were not paying for both rooms in my opinion you should still get your stockholders credit each because you each have the stock! It's not like the stock was free! You spent thousands of dollars for it (as much as $54 per share!) And I sort of view the shareholders credit as a dividend on the stock because otherwise the stock would earn a much lower dividend than my other investments.

Edited by Jana60

Badfinger should apologize for that crack! But he probably won't... but even if you were not paying for both rooms in my opinion you should still get your stockholders credit each because you each have the stock! It's not like the stock was free! You spent thousands of dollars for it (as much as $54 per share!) And I sort of view the shareholders credit as a dividend on the stock because otherwise the stock would earn a much lower dividend than my other investments.

Apologize for what crack? She provided clarification that they are paying for both rooms. My original statement was based upon the assumption the other couple was paying for their own room...it wasn't clear either way in the initial post.