Currently in GS 12730 on Allure

I know these cabins are relatively new with fewer first hand reports and as I'm in this one for the transatlantic I thought I would give you my own thoughts having read a few here before the trip.

First thing to say is I love this cabin. I switched to it from one of the midship Grand Suites when it opened up because I love the aft view. Having read further here I wondered whether I had made a mistake. I am glad I stuck with it.

There are some things to know. How important they are depends upon the individual. I intend to write a points list and give it in to the ship before I leave by way of positive feedback. There are some things that would be easy to fix.

First off there is no full length mirror anywhere in the cabin. The only mirrors are in the bathroom and bedroom at waist height. Therefore if you are off out and you'd like to do a check to make sure you are decent from head to toe there's nowhere. Secondly I don't think the storage is particularly good. A wardrobe in the bedroom and another in the living room, but neither have an abundance of full length hanging space. Strangely the living room closet is in a particularly dark corner and there is no light inside. We have had 7 foot swells for a couple of days now and this has highlighted that the patio doors have no way to secure them from slamming when the handle is open. The bathroom shower needs more grab handles, especially with its shape. The cupboard doors need a stronger magnet!

The things I love about this cabin apart from the view from both bedroom and living room includes the beautiful overall finish and decor. They have done a really nice job of it. The balcony is huge. Not as big as deck 11, but ample. The wraparound area at the side is very big. Two chairs, footstools, another sit up chair and a table fit there easily. I'm sure if you asked you could get a couple of loungers there from the pool deck. The bed, bedding and pillows are supremely comfortable. The sort you would get in a five star hotel. It is also a very quiet cabin. I hear no noise from anywhere inside. Watching the Aqua from a high perspective is great and seeing the rock climbers as they scale a lot of fun.

There was mention of height of shower in bathroom on some of the new GSs. No issue here. I'm six foot and can comfortably have a shower without the need to crouch or twist. The Hans Grohe bathroom fittings are beautiful and easy to use. The climb into the bath doesn't seem as bad as other ships I've been on.

Ok that's about all I can think of. To sum up this is a lovely cabin to be in. It's been rocking like crazy the past few days, but hasn't dampened the enthusiasm. I'm looking forward to calmer, sunnier days ahead!

Phil

What are the perks for Suite cruisers and Pinnacles in these areas?

Wonder if they are the same as the Oasis.

Gold Card benefits will be the same on Allure as they are on Oasis. Allure now has a Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen on Deck 17 for Gold Card Holders. All other benefits such as reserved seating at various venues remain the same.

May of 2016 is when the New Suite Program goes into effect http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2078801

Edited by cruisenfever

Gold Card benefits will be the same on Allure as they are on Oasis. Allure now has a Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen on Deck 17 for Gold Card Holders. All other benefits such as reserved seating at various venues remain the same.

May of 2016 is when the New Suite Program goes into effect http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2078801

Hey Patti, I remember you from a previous black light forum;). Hope you and Jim are feeling awesome!

The Gold Card benefits and the areas you can use with it are very nice on Allure.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Hey Patti, I remember you from a previous black light forum;). Hope you and Jim are feeling awesome!

The Gold Card benefits and the areas you can use with it are very nice on Allure.

Phil

HI Phil. I was going to say hi but didn't think you'd remember us. So nice to see you posting here. Yes, Jim and I are both fine.

We did a b2b2b on Allure last January and loved it. It was our first time on an Oasis class ship and it certainly won't be our last.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

HI Phil. I was going to say hi but didn't think you'd remember us. So nice to see you posting here. Yes, Jim and I are both fine.

We did a b2b2b on Allure last January and loved it. It was our first time on an Oasis class ship and it certainly won't be our last.

Enjoy your cruise.

Patti, of course I remember you! This is my first time on Allure and only my second Royal ship after Anthem in May and I am loving it. The sun is now out and the sea calmer so we are on the up!

Phil

Thanks for your review of suite.

We were in 14730 on Oasis in August.

Yes the decor is classy, and was so new, loved the freshness.

The large ceiling to floor windows in the bedroom were awesome for the view!

If I could have gotten in and out of the tub that was elevated a little bit easier it would have been perfect.

Glad we tried it.

Now back to the CL, love them the most, especially by them being so close to the suite lounge.

Sea Ya

I made a short video to show the balcony and its furniture. No pads on the chairs and no sit up table. The seats in the other mid ship GSs are more comfortable, but I'm sure if you asked you could get a couple of loungers brought in.

http://vid1325.photobucket.com/albums/u631/excitedofharpenden/Sundry/Videos/IMG_1461_zpscs3vtif1.mp4

The weather has warmed up considerably and the seas smooth.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Thanks for your review of suite.

We were in 14730 on Oasis in August.

Yes the decor is classy, and was so new, loved the freshness.

The large ceiling to floor windows in the bedroom were awesome for the view!

If I could have gotten in and out of the tub that was elevated a little bit easier it would have been perfect.

Glad we tried it.

Now back to the CL, love them the most, especially by them being so close to the suite lounge.

Sea Ya

We'll be in 14730 on Oasis this Saturday. I know the balcony is small, narrow and divided. Can you go outside from both rooms? Is there any balcony furniture?