Questions Regarding Princess Beverage Package

SoCalMusicLover

I'm taking a 3-Day Repositioning cruise on the Ruby.

1. I had read, and then was told when I phoned Princess, that this was not offered on less than 7-Day cruises. However, I read at least 2 reviews, one from a 3-Day another a 4-Day, on the West Coast, where the package was available. What is the case?

2. I have read that the package is available up until the 2nd day of cruise. If you purchase on 2nd day, are you still charged for 1st? I know Carnival does not do so, but can anyone confirm for 100% what Princess does?

3. I've heard on other cruise lines under the package, that you will be charged tips on all drinks purchased, but it seems from reviews that this is not the case on Princess, and that you pay 1 fee upon purchase? So I'm assuming 15% tips are given by Princess to it's employees on each drink, but even if you have 20 drinks a day, you're not liable once you pay the $7/day purchasing the package?

This is my first post here. Thanks for the assistance.

We have not cruised yet, but my reading says that you pay $8.05 per day for the package which includes the gratuity. No matter how many included beverages you get each day, you pay no additional gratuity unless you choose to add something. This is also consistent with my experience on other lines.

Sorry, I can't address purchasing the package later than the first day. I have found that there is no benefit to purchasing on line in advance.

We pre purchased on the the personalizer for a 3 day on the Regal and also a 7 day. You must purchase for the entire voyage period. So even if you purchase on day 2 of a 4 day cruise you will still pay for all 4 days. That's why I just get them ahead of time that way the "liquor sticker" is already on our cards when we check in.

The purchase price includes the gratuity already added on...but if you have found a good bartender that takes care of you a few extra dollars here and there don't hurt.

It appears you are asking about the Unlimited Soda & More (Unlimited Kids Package sticker).

The $8.05 includes the gratuity. Period. You pay that much per day and get the benefits of the package. It doesn't matter how many drinks you have. The package is a total (including gratuity) of $8.05/day.

You are charged for the amount of days listed for your cruise. Example: If it says "7 day cruise" you pay $56.35 - $8.05 per day for 7 days no matter when you purchase the package.

Edited by Thrak

I am assuming you are speaking about the all inclusive beverage package. Look in your cruise personalizer under the "Onboard Reservations" tab. If the all inclusive beverage package is offered it should be shown there. Prices shown include the gratuity. No extra gratuities are added on board. You have to purchase for all the days of the cruise, including boarding day.

I am assuming you are speaking about the all inclusive beverage package. Look in your cruise personalizer under the "Onboard Reservations" tab. If the all inclusive beverage package is offered it should be shown there. Prices shown include the gratuity. No extra gratuities are added on board. You have to purchase for all the days of the cruise, including boarding day.

OP says a price of $7/day. Definitely not the AIBP.

This is good advice. Prepay for it as you'll be charged for the whole cruise.

This is good advice. Prepay for it as you'll be charged for the whole cruise.

You can pre-pay (in which case you'll be charged when you book it) or do it as soon as you board (and it will go to your on board account). It really doesn't make any difference except in those few ports that charge tax if you buy while still in port.

You can pre-pay (in which case you'll be charged when you book it) or do it as soon as you board (and it will go to your on board account). It really doesn't make any difference except in those few ports that charge tax if you buy while still in port.

Is Fort Lauderdale one of those ports that charge tax ?

Last time at Houston we bought it at the buffet but they charged it once they left the port to avoid tax

This time it's a longer cruise and the tax will be a bit more ..

Is Fort Lauderdale one of those ports that charge tax ?

Last time at Houston we bought it at the buffet but they charged it once they left the port to avoid tax

This time it's a longer cruise and the tax will be a bit more ..

Just go into your personalizer and prepay it. Very simple.

Thanks for all the helpful answers. I don't know why Princess customer service said that it is only available on 7 or more day cruises.

Clearly it seems like it only pays if you buy it beforehand so that you can use right away. The fact you have to get for the first day is a bit of a bummer, since it's not really a full day of use, unless you get on the ship in early afternoon and start drinking right away.

I'm still a bit undecided, but having this information will help in my decision.

Clearly it seems like it only pays if you buy it beforehand so that you can use right away. The fact you have to get for the first day is a bit of a bummer, since it's not really a full day of use, unless you get on the ship in early afternoon and start drinking right away.

It is also valid on disembarkation morning.

If you wait to purchase it on the ship, the cost is the same and you can also use it right away.