Spring hill suites fll or Hyatt house fll

cocacola

We need a room that holds 6 people pre cruise. Has anyone stayed at either of these and if so which do you prefer. Both have same amenities.

I have stayed at Springhill Suites and like the place. Very nice staff and seemed well organized. Would definitely stay here again. I like how they handled the free shuttle to the pier. Nice rooms as well, with coffee maker and microwave, plus 2 TVs.

Like already stated, the two places are very close by each other, so location not really an issue.

I have stayed at springhill most of my stays and doing so my up and coming cruise in may, however this is the 1st time we have to pay for a shuttle going to the port, we have called 3 diff times to verify this as we never remember having to pay before, but we did the advance purchase and that could be why, but they have a big enough room for 5 of us to stay and they have always treated us right so we are still staying..

I have stayed at springhill most of my stays and doing so my up and coming cruise in may, however this is the 1st time we have to pay for a shuttle going to the port, we have called 3 diff times to verify this as we never remember having to pay before, but we did the advance purchase and that could be why, but they have a big enough room for 5 of us to stay and they have always treated us right so we are still staying..

If you have 5 people traveling by shuttle, it may be cheaper to take a van taxi. Do the math before signing up for the shuttle!

Edited by capriccio

From Springhill Suites FLL Cruiseport website:

"The SpringHill Suites Ft. Lauderdale offers complimentary new hot breakfast, high-speed Internet and shuttle service to and from the airport. Complimentary scheduled transportation to/from FLL Airport until 11:45PM and TO Port Everglades by reservation only. $10/ person fee for return trips"

Dave, that was how it use to be, we called various times and got the answer that the shuttle to port was 10,but thank you.

Well, they need to update their website then, as what I posted was from yesterday.

OK, I just called Springhill Suites directly. They told me that the shuttle to the Port Everglades pier is free, but it is $10 to return from the pier to the hotel. Also, there is a fee to go to the Miami port (they did not say how much though). Call 1-954-920-9696 and see what they tell you.

Edited by DaveOKC

... They told me that the shuttle to the Port Everglades pier is free, but it is $10 to return from the pier to the hotel. Also, there is a fee to go to the Miami port (they did not say how much though). Call 1-954-920-9696 and see what they tell you.

Our experience a few months ago was that they had a free shuttle to the pier. We found it well organized.

• 1 month later...
We have a reservation for a couple of nights pre-cruise next November. Is there much in the area around it for eating and shopping?

Oakwood Plaza (I think is the name) - Home Depot, Kmart and BJ (warehouse club) are the main tenants. Dining close to the hotels is fast food, but if you can walk 1/2 mile or so, there is a Red Lobster, TGIF and Dave & Busters (plus a couple of local places). These are across a very busy highway.

Oakwood Plaza (I think is the name) - Home Depot, Kmart and BJ (warehouse club) are the main tenants. Dining close to the hotels is fast food, but if you can walk 1/2 mile or so, there is a Red Lobster, TGIF and Dave & Busters (plus a couple of local places). These are across a very busy highway.

There is also some "Ale House" restaurant (forgot the name) that we were able to walk to that was pretty good.