What's Up With CELEBRITY WEBSITE?

dcruisers

it sounds like it's inevitable that some passenger isn't going to be able to fill in their pre-cruise information...therefore not getting their cruise docs and arriving at the pier to find out that between Celebrity and US TSA or equivalent, they are refused boarding because they didn't fill out their documents.

I'm just sort of waiting for that report....and hoping that wakes celebrity up...nothing else has succeeded.

I can get to the reservation for my upcoming cruise (13 days out), but when I click on Explore Cruise Planner, it tells me:

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again in 20 minutes.

Of course, it has been saying this all day! I guess they don't want me spending any more money! (Probably a good thing. :eek:) Or, are you not allowed to book anything when you are within 2 weeks of your cruise??? Usually its 4 days out that you can't book anything. This is the first time I have encountered this.

For my March reservation - no problem going to Cruise Planner. And, my other booked cruise doesn't even show up anymore. Maybe they cancelled it or better yet, maybe I will cancel it!

Nothing with their website surprises me. How many more years will these issues persist???????

Hello Celebrity! Are you there? Are you listening? I think not.

Still can't get into my reservation. I posted my frustration with their website on Celebrity's Facebook page. Got a response apologizing and saying to call and they could book excursions etc. There was no explanation why the website wasn't working.

Having to make a call to manage "my" reservation is not convenient. I am really very disappointed with Celebrity's website and how they are handling getting it fixed. They need to get a new IT administrator!!

Still can't get into my reservation. I posted my frustration with their website on Celebrity's Facebook page. Got a response apologizing and saying to call and they could book excursions etc. There was no explanation why the website wasn't working.

Having to make a call to manage "my" reservation is not convenient. I am really very disappointed with Celebrity's website and how they are handling getting it fixed. They need to get a new IT administrator!!

Not to mention, how are they going to book a shore excursion for someone if that person cannot even see what excursions are available? Are they going to read them all to me and my husband and then wait until we decide what we want?

I have not been able to access anything for over 2 weeks. I cannot even get into their work-around using the Already Booked? selection. I have called three times, and then sent an e-mail to concerns@celebrity.com. I got a response within 2 hours the said:

"Thank you very much for reaching out to us regarding this matter. We have forwarded your email to the appropriate department who will be contacting you shortly." That was on the 5th. I sent another e-mail yesterday letting them know I had not gotten a call. No response to that e-mail. No call.

I have 6 bookings and I cannot get into any of them. Making a promise and then not meeting that expectation is not creating a "WOW" experience.

Yes. Assuming that you've paid for everything already, then the express pass is a convenience but not a necessity. The form you fill out at check-in doesn't take appreciably longer to complete in person than it does in advance.

Yes. Assuming that you've paid for everything already, then the express pass is a convenience but not a necessity. The form you fill out at check-in doesn't take appreciably longer to complete in person than it does in advance.

However, the us and other governments want advanced info on passports and visas. You don't need the physical printed express pass but I think you may need to have filled out the forms on line before arriving at the port or there could be a delay. I'd check with celebrity directly on this.

I can't access my "Manage Reservations" after logging in on their website. However, the other day, I was able to get to the Express Checkin by not logging in their website. I was able to fill in my reservation #, last name, ship, and sail dates and I went through. I filled it all in, and was able to print out the Express Check In form.

Now, once I finished and got out, if I tried to immediately go back, I got a message saying the files were being updated, or something like that and wouldn't be available for 20 minutes or so.

Nothing has changed today. I still can't print out my express pass. Can we check in w/o it?

However, the us and other governments want advanced info on passports and visas. You don't need the physical printed express pass but I think you may need to have filled out the forms on line before arriving at the port or there could be a delay. I'd check with celebrity directly on this.

For peace of mind, yes, feel free to call Celebrity. This is what their FAQ says on the subject:

"Since government regulations require cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, this [doing online check-in] will save you time having to fill out forms at the pier. If you have not completed Online Check-in, you will be required to complete this process at the pier two hours prior to the published sailing time."

So you need to plan on being at the pier no later than 2 hours before departure. From experience, I've done the check-in at the pier--it took a minute or two to fill out the form as part of the regular check-in process.

I just spent 25 minutes with them on the phone.The rep was not very helpful and really acted like she didn't give a dam*despite her platitudes.My husband says its probably because she hears this all day,every day and is immune to the outrage!

I was able to do online check in a week or so ago(after trying numerous times) but since then my account was locked

Never have actually been able to look at my reservation.The rep couldn't either,nor could she add my crown and anchor # to the reservation.Said i had to call my TA for that since it was a group booking.I hadn't realized that but maybe that's how online agencies work

After she unlocked it she said to close out the browser totally-simple getting rid of the window wouldn't help

I ended up opening internet explore to get in to be sure

She also advised never to log in just go to to the already booked tab like others here have said

Really? what kind of business are they running?

This is my first cruise with them,have had no problems with RCI or HA

I hope I'm not disappointed

Am I the only person who is finding it interesting that Celebrity is remaining silent on this issue? They have posted responses on other threads. Why not respond to this issue? It's really a big one that has literally been going on for weeks. In what world is that acceptable?

All of this is unacceptable. And with not a word from Celebrity on what is being done leaves me with the idea that the are apathetic about it....... They just don't care.

For those leaving soon... Were you able to get luggage tags? I know this past January we had them mailed to us. We sail in 2 months and I hope they have it up and running by then!!!

This whole website issue leaves me with less respect for a cruise line I had thought of as "better than the rest".

Edited by dcruisers

While I definitely have everyone's back on this, the site has been working fine for me. It's annoying and half-arsed, but it works and I was able to check in and receive luggage tags. This is across multiple browsers. I think some people's accounts are "broken" in some way in Celebrity's database, due to the way they keep telling you your account is "locked". I urge people to keep taking it to social media, I suspect their phone bank people aren't even in the same country as their IT department.

The entire time I have been a potential Celebrity customer, Tuscan Grille has been described as a "stakehouse" on the site. This is not a company that acts with urgency with regards to their tech, so you'll have to be loud.

Edited by perditax

For those leaving soon... Were you able to get luggage tags? I know this past January we had them mailed to us. We sail in 2 months and I hope they have it up and running by then!!!

Yes, we have our luggage tags. Luckily I ordered them as soon as we were able to do so.

While I definitely have everyone's back on this, the site has been working fine for me. It's annoying and half-arsed, but it works and I was able to check in and receive luggage tags. This is across multiple browsers. I think some people's accounts are "broken" in some way in Celebrity's database, due to the way they keep telling you your account is "locked". I urge people to keep taking it to social media, I suspect their phone bank people aren't even in the same country as their IT department.

The entire time I have been a potential Celebrity customer, Tuscan Grille has been described as a "stakehouse" on the site. This is not a company that acts with urgency with regards to their tech, so you'll have to be loud.

Although I am happy you had no problem getting to your reservation......I am shocked!!

NO ISSUESat all? Was this recently?

You are fortunate that you haven't been as frustrated as the rest of us

I will definitely continue my tantrum on social media.

Enjoy your cruise.

Although I am happy you had no problem getting to your reservation......I am shocked!!

NO ISSUESat all? Was this recently?

You are fortunate that you haven't been as frustrated as the rest of us

I will definitely continue my tantrum on social media.

Enjoy your cruise.

I want to make it clear that I believe there is a problem, it wasn't a "this isn't happening to me so it must not be happening" post. There are way too many threads for this not to be a legit issue, and I do believe it's people's accounts being broken some way (while others aren't). I troubleshoot for a living and I know a trend that obviously isn't "user error" when there are five different threads about it.

The site design sucks and the app was a complete joke, but the worst that has happened to me is the 20 minute lockout when I clicked back instead of "exit cruise planner". Which in itself is a sign of poor engineering. I've never gotten "locked out" of managing my reservation on the other two cruise lines I've been on, nor the many kinds of online accounts I interact with on a daily basis, many of which are linked to databases far more complicated than some hospitality back-end stuff.

Short version: I only mentioned I got my luggage tags because someone asked. :)

All of this is unacceptable. And with not a word from Celebrity on what is being done leaves me with the idea that the are apathetic about it....... They just don't care.

This whole website issue leaves me with less respect for a cruise line I had thought of as "better than the rest".

Leaving this Sunday on the Silhouette and have not been able to check in or request luggage tags as our reservation has been unavailable for over 3 weeks now, maybe 4. I am flabbergasted as to why Celebrity hasn't commented on this thread, much less fixed the issue. I would have definitely booked something through the reservation as I normally do, so they're not only frustrating customers but losing money as well.

A stupid, ignorant business.

Amazon and other on line retailers would be out of business if they ran their IT departments like X runs it's IT department.

I just spent 25 minutes with them on the phone.The rep was not very helpful and really acted like she didn't give a dam*despite her platitudes.My husband says its probably because she hears this all day,every day and is immune to the outrage!

I was able to do online check in a week or so ago(after trying numerous times) but since then my account was locked

Never have actually been able to look at my reservation.The rep couldn't either,nor could she add my crown and anchor # to the reservation.Said i had to call my TA for that since it was a group booking.I hadn't realized that but maybe that's how online agencies work

After she unlocked it she said to close out the browser totally-simple getting rid of the window wouldn't help

I ended up opening internet explore to get in to be sure

She also advised never to log in just go to to the already booked tab like others here have said

Really? what kind of business are they running?

This is my first cruise with them,have had no problems with RCI or HA

I hope I'm not disappointed

A stupid, ignorant business.

Amazon and other on line retailers would be out of business if they ran their IT departments like X runs it's IT department.

Yep. At my company, if something is technically preventing customers from giving us money online, the person who can fix it gets a phone call--24/7/365. Sometimes that person is me.