NCL Star Inside Staterooms

mickeychicky

I would love to hear from those that have stayed in just the basic interior stateroom because I have a few questions....

Are the bathrooms split? Some layouts and photos for interior staterooms show the toilet on one side of the room and the shower on the other side of the room. Some photos show a full bathroom on one side.

Are there any drawers for clothes? photo layouts do no show, only show a small corner desk or shelf that the TV sits on.

And the TV's look like the old box TV's, are they not flat screens mounted on the wall?

Plugs, how many? just the standard 2 plug-in's I assume?

Thanks!

Edited by mickeychicky

The bathrooms are the standard - everything is together. There are drawers in the closet as well as shelves. There are also a few drawers at the desk. There is only one outlet with one US plug and then the Euro plug. There should also be an outlet in the bathroom but only for razors. I can't speak to the TVs as they could have been changed since we were on board a few years ago.

Here's a link to still pictures on a YT video - Star's Inside Cabin #4505 - taken in 2015, about as recent as it can be.

We had the old "tube" style TV but like the Jewel & Gem, been upgraded to HDTV, nothing fancy & still smallish. As you can see from one of the picture, there's about 4 open shelves inside the closet - tip, see if you can find the closet light switch (hint - toward the back wall panel near the hanging bar)

plus several real sliding drawers on the bottom.

We travel everywhere with our packing cubes, made unpacking & storage easy - eBags & Eagle Creeks, plus the bargain ones from Ikea, everything organized & never spill out, no matter how rough the seas are, LOL :D

Are the bathrooms split? Some layouts and photos for interior staterooms show the toilet on one side of the room and the shower on the other side of the room. Some photos show a full bathroom on one side.

Are there any drawers for clothes? photo layouts do no show, only show a small corner desk or shelf that the TV sits on.

And the TV's look like the old box TV's, are they not flat screens mounted on the wall?

Plugs, how many? just the standard 2 plug-in's I assume?

Thanks!

We were on the Star earlier this year. Full bathroom one side. Three drawers. Small flat screen TV. Two points, one North American the other UK.

I would suggest you take a 4 block.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Retired Coin Collecting Kiwi by Choice.

The showers are a nice size and have a glass door, not a curtain.

Yes the showers have a glass door but I disagree that they are a nice size!! Not being an architect I don't know how to rearrange but they could be two thirds the size and still be user friendly. Then there would be more room in the cabin. At present both occupiers of the cabin could both shower at the same time and there would still be room left over.

Mike

Yes the showers have a glass door but I disagree that they are a nice size!! Not being an architect I don't know how to rearrange but they could be two thirds the size and still be user friendly. Then there would be more room in the cabin. At present both occupiers of the cabin could both shower at the same time and there would still be room left over.

Mike

Personally I kinda like two in a shower. ;)

I just spend as little time as necessary in the teeny tiny 142 sq foot cabin.

• 8 months later...
Here's a link to still pictures on a YT video - Star's Inside Cabin #4505 - taken in 2015, about as recent as it can be.

We had the old "tube" style TV but like the Jewel & Gem, been upgraded to HDTV, nothing fancy & still smallish. As you can see from one of the picture, there's about 4 open shelves inside the closet - tip, see if you can find the closet light switch (hint - toward the back wall panel near the hanging bar)

plus several real sliding drawers on the bottom.

We travel everywhere with our packing cubes, made unpacking & storage easy - eBags & Eagle Creeks, plus the bargain ones from Ikea, everything organized & never spill out, no matter how rough the seas are, LOL :D

Hi we are going away with friends and have book cabins 9615 and 9115 on different sides of ship (NCL STAR) On the deck plan there is a space which looks like it could be an internal corridor, can you tell us if you can access cabins from each side of the ship without leaving the corridor and going past lifts/stairs....thank you

Hi we are going away with friends and have book cabins 9615 and 9115 on different sides of ship (NCL STAR) On the deck plan there is a space which looks like it could be an internal corridor, can you tell us if you can access cabins from each side of the ship without leaving the corridor and going past lifts/stairs....thank you

It's crew only / access / service area /stairs & possibly storage, nothing to access for passengers - friends and you will just have to do a little walking exercise around the corners (it's relatively short) - either toward the front/FWD cabins or back toward stairs/elevators & around.

If sea conditions are rough, just hold on to the rails especially if you decided to walk toward the FWD area - there should be very little foot traffic anyway. Unless you are planning to meet & sit in the staterooms to chat, just call on the stateroom phone & meet them by the stairs/elevators.

Enjoy your cruise !

One other thing about Star insides is (as far as I've ever seen) the rooms for 4 will only have one bed on the wall and 3 on the floor with exception of the new insides on 12 which (all??) have 2 beds on the wall plus 2 on the floor.

It's crew only / access / service area /stairs & possibly storage, nothing to access for passengers - friends and you will just have to do a little walking exercise around the corners (it's relatively short) - either toward the front/FWD cabins or back toward stairs/elevators & around.

If sea conditions are rough, just hold on to the rails especially if you decided to walk toward the FWD area - there should be very little foot traffic anyway. Unless you are planning to meet & sit in the staterooms to chat, just call on the stateroom phone & meet them by the stairs/elevators.

Enjoy your cruise !

thank you for your reply.....yes you right the exercise will do us good!!! and as inside cabins we wont need to visit each others rooms......call and meet by the lifts is best bet!!! lol

.....yes you right the exercise will do us good!!! and as inside cabins we wont need to visit each others rooms......call and meet by the lifts is best bet!!! lol

On a closer lookup of the Star's deck plan, you have 2 of the Inside SIDEWAY cabins on the quiet deck 9 - that sleep up to 4, 2 beds + a pullman, and a trestle that's stored underneath, and these sideways "feel" a little more roomy. If you look on Youtube, you should find videos of what's they are like (Dawn, Jewel & Gem are are similar).

Scratch my advice about walking to the FWD section, you are steps away from the MIDship elevators & stairs, just in front/ahead of the atrium lobby - it's very easy to walk around - not much of an exercise. For some reasons, I mis-read & believed you staterooms were in the forward section of the ship, my bad & ooops. No "strolling" forward & back - but to burn a few extra calories off, if you knees are in good shape, LOL - is the real "stairmasters" with the steps to go up/down to the lobby/reception area & OSH on deck 8 for comfort food, etc. ;) For a quiet place to sit & read, try the Internet Cafe nearby (haven't kept up with changes ... whether they've moved it elsewhere or redesign it, check it out. Deck 8 above the open atrium near the elevators & stairs is a good alternative place to wait & meet each other as well.

Enjoy your cruise & voyage.

Edited by mking8288