Review of Ventura 27th Sep 2015

tinsoldier

Great review, tinsoldier. Glad you enjoyed your honeymoon. Haven't been on Ventura but had a very similar (. & enjoyable) cruise on Azura earlier in Sept. Only criticisms we had about Azura related to the lack of organised activities through the day ( for social read 'do it yourself ), the constant loud music around mid ships pool. Food & evening entertainment were very good. The ship was big but we never felt it over crowded.

Liked your 'not many ships comment' Reminded me of Mrs Doyle ( in Father Ted). A salesman was trying to sell her a tea maker & he said 'it takes the misery out of making tea'. Her reply was ' maybe I like the misery'

Edited by Ranchi

I really enjoyed your review, tinsoldier.

I was on the cruise following yours and so my impressions of Ventura are still fresh in my mind, but it was great to be able to relate to the ship, its dining, the lifts and the Metropolis etc - and even the far-too-loud music (please listen P&O Entertainments Director!) around the swimming pool. I could read that and say, yes, I have been on that ship.

Glad you had a great honeymoon!

Great well balanced review, nice to hear that Ventura is still providing a good cruise experience.

However after having experienced Britannia's lift problems I had forgotten that the Grand class lifts are also somewhat inadequate, and we will be having 28 days aboard her in January; probably need a few extra paper backs to keep me occupied as we wait for a lift with wheelchair space.

The other 3 of our last 4 cruises have been on Celebrity Eclipse, where the lifts do not seem to present any problems.

Hi Tinsoldier!!

Yes, I'll agree with your review, our experience of the holiday was pretty similar. But one thing Chris and I found annoying in the evenings was trying to find a seat in either the Exchange or Tamarind. Not my idea of fun standing, drink in hand, waiting for someone to go to bed to get a seat !! :rolleyes:

We fancy trying one of the smaller ships again next year because the lack of public seats did not appear to be an issue in those (IMHO)

We seemed to be away for a long time, but now, of course it feels as though we had the holiday last year, not last month!

Good luck to you both and I hope that your DW is still wearing those lovely wedding trainers!

Kathy

Great well balanced review, nice to hear that Ventura is still providing a good cruise experience.

However after having experienced Britannia's lift problems I had forgotten that the Grand class lifts are also somewhat inadequate, and we will be having 28 days aboard her in January; probably need a few extra paper backs to keep me occupied as we wait for a lift with wheelchair space.

The other 3 of our last 4 cruises have been on Celebrity Eclipse, where the lifts do not seem to present any problems.

Yes John. The one area Britannia scores over the rest with lifts, for us and yourselves is that if you are in the rear MDR the lifts usually turn up empty before dinner as there is no bar above as there is on Ventura. I was always 5/10 minutes late for dinner on Azura. In the end I just stayed in the bar and blamed the lifts when I was late. :) That worked.

Thank you for very much for your interesting review.

We had the same issue with the ice-bucket but in the end they did bring it very night. Maybe because we tipped the waiters a bit extra! Did you not try the Beach House? We were on Ventura for the first time in May and really enjoyed it.

Thanks again: we've got to wait till Jan 2017 before we're on Ventura again but your review really whetted our appetites - especially for the wine flights which we also appreciate on a sea day afternoon!