Internet packages cost

DiamondGirl83

isnt it per device. No sharing wifi?

After you set up your account you can use as many devices as you wish -- but only one at a time. If a 2nd one signs onto the account at the same time, the first is automatically knocked off.

Edited by NMLady

After you set up your account you can use as many devices as you wish -- but only one at a time. If a 2nd one signs onto the account at the same time, the first is automatically knocked off.

Ok good. Thanks

• 1 month later...
I'm thinking of getting the unlimited Internet package. Is the connection on WiFi decent? Am I able to use my phone to set up an account. I don't want to use the Internet Cafe.

We always get an unlimited package and share it between our 4 phones and 2 ipads (work and personal). It is satellite internet (since you are not withing line-of-sight of a land-based tower). You have the latency (delay) of every entry having to go round-trip to a satellite 26000 miles away. It is ok to download email (so long as you are not trying to get big documents, pictures, or video). It is o.k. for iMessages. Not as good for interactive web surfing. Does not work for streaming (including video facetime/skype). Does not work for downloading videos (load up your devices before your leave home).

I'm going round the carribean, ocho Rios, Mexico, Gsc and cayman islands. Do they have decent coverage?

Coverage should be fine. It is perceived to be slow due to the delays over the satellite and bandwidth constraints of the ship. Facebook, email, imessage should be fine.

We did that itinerary on the Epic last October and had a great time. Enjoy your cruise. Enjoy!

You don't say where you are going. This matters since some parts of the world have less satellite access. We have found that trying to perform a specific task, like sending a picture, can be daunting. Or maybe my attention span is just short.

Your attention span is just short and especially with NCL it really does not matter where the ship is. :) The maritime satellite coverage (especially in the places NCL ships sail) covers pretty much all of commercial sea traffic worldwide.

Here is the coverage map by MTN (NCL's connection provider): http://mtnsat.com/sites/mtnsat.com/files/Global%20Coverage%20Map%20w%20satellites.jpg

Also the satellites are geostationery which means that they stay in the same position relative to earth so the coverage is always there – only thing that affects the connectivity is weather (rain, snow and ice) and the amount of other passengers using the connection.

Edited by Demonyte

• 3 weeks later...