The Towel Art

NIATPAC29

What does everyone do with the towel sculpture animals that magically appear in your cabin in the evening? Do you throw them on the floor? Do you take selfies with them? You collect them? What happened to those animals?

Depends on the length of the cruise. If it's a short one, I take pictures of them and put them aside in the room somewhere. Then I take a picture at the end of the cruise of the whole group. If it's a long cruise, I just take pictures of the ones I think are cute, or I haven't seen before, then break them down and fold up the towels for the room host to take away later.

The only time I've received a towel animal (a monkey) was when I came down with a bad cold and was cabin-bound for a few days trying to keep the worst of my germs to myself. When I felt better and headed out to the dining room for dinner, I came back to a towel critter holding a chocolate. I thought it was very sweet.

What does everyone do with the towel sculpture animals that magically appear in your cabin in the evening? Do you throw them on the floor? Do you take selfies with them? You collect them? What happened to those animals?

We take a photo of it, then gently place it on the table.

The cabin steward removes it in the morning. Either to use it to make another one or to put it in the laundry.

My two year old daughter was afraid of them. On NCL they always has stickers for Eyes or Glasses on. Granted she was afraid of it, she would walk in the room and began fighting with the poor towel animal until it came apart, and then cry because it was then only a towel. I tried my best to snap a few pics with no luck.

As an irascible old curmudgeon, I ask my cabin steward not to spend/waste any more of his/her valuable time on those.

I do the same, ask the attendant to not spend time for towel animals for me. Last time the attendant looked confused and asked that I didn't like them. I told him it was a nice gesture, but I preferred to save him the trouble. Previously, I would just place them on the sofa or chair.

Once we left the "animal" in the hallway entrance to our room when we went to breakfast with a note attached to the door that said, "Beware of Guard "Animal"

(it's in quotes because I can't remember what it was - dog, elephant.)

When we came back after breakfast our room stewards had made a new one that was hanging just as we entered. We moved that one all over the room - so they never knew where they would find it and neither did we.

We have had really good luck with awesome, fun room stewards.

Pat

Once we left the "animal" in the hallway entrance to our room when we went to breakfast with a note attached to the door that said, "Beware of Guard "Animal"

(it's in quotes because I can't remember what it was - dog, elephant.)

When we came back after breakfast our room stewards had made a new one that was hanging just as we entered. We moved that one all over the room - so they never knew where they would find it and neither did we.

We have had really good luck with awesome, fun room stewards.

Pat

This is adorable. Thanks for the ideas. DH and I loved the towel animals.