NCL photo packages discount for platinum members??

Another ship trip

I see that I can now buy photo packages. I am platinum and am wondering if I can buy the package on board are receive my 25% off the package. An old poster said they did this, and a more recent post negates this. I am on the Dawn this month and am wanting to know if anyone has seen or experienced this.

Thanks!!

Edited by Another ship trip

I see that I can now buy photo packages. I am platinum and am wondering if I can buy the package on board are receive my 25% off the package. An old poster said they did this, and a more recent post negates this. I am on the Dawn this month and am wanting to know if anyone has seen or experienced this.

Thanks!!

The Latitude Rewards "page" states the following:-

Discount on Photos:

15% Silver members, 20% Gold members, 25% Platinum members (Not available on photo packages)

Quite clear it is on photos and not a package.

Mike

In the past I have received the Platinum 25% discount on photo packages once or twice even though the Latitude website states NO - but usually we don't reach the number of photos to make purchasing a package worth it. I just do the math and see if it is better for me to get 5-6 photos with the Platinum discount or more photos with the package price without any additional discount (if I get the Platinum discount on top of a package price, then I just see it as a great bonus, but I do not expect it)....

Edited by TrumpyNor

Our last 2 sailings were on the BA (March 2015 being newer) so it's over 6 mos. ago, but we asked & were given ;) our Platinum discount (25% off the "package" pricing) upon presenting our guest keycard, charged to one onboard account. Ours was for any 10 photos and there was one for 20 photos (no "unlimited" photos, for older timers that recalled :D ) - a mix of photo sizes & settings, for an extra saving of over $30 - less than $11 each, not bad ... against our available OBC.

We did this on the slower morning on day 6 when it wasn't packed, right after breakfast, as it's usually mad full on the last sea day (#7). Nowadays, NCL's "dynamic" pricing might yield different results when asked on different sailings and different ships, what's true last week might be gone this week - YMMV.

We travel usually with the extended clan in a group so we managed just fine with our own HQ smartphone camera. Got little to lose by asking, worst answer is a "no" - one can always choose to pay for fewer pictures if the price isn't "right" to the liking :p

Another enhancement made from del rio for our convenience

2005 on the Dawn, we had unlimited photo packages - one of our nieces had it good, every night down in the altrium lobby and we got group pictures included in "her" package as she was part of the group. Don't recall if the deal was offered on the Crown in 2006 or 2007 ... the good old days & the "love" for NCL. :D