From Princess's Mouth - Supposedly The Facts On New Perks

Golfette

Boy that was fun doing all the quotes!! Does that prove anything?
It’s difficult for me to understand what you were trying to prove. Certainly didn’t add anything to the discussion of the topic. I think all you proved is that it is easy to waste server space. Maybe the board upgrade will address that issue.
In my company, it takes quite a while to change shelf tags on items when prices change, although the front end system changes are made instantaneously. In order to not disappoint or mislead our customers, the system changes first before the shelf tags change when the price is going down, and the other way around when the price is going up. That way we are certain that the customer gets the product at the price they thought they were going to receive, or a better price. It's not identical to this situation, but you get the idea.
I do get the idea – my position on this issue isn’t because I don’t get the idea. Without knowing anything about your company, I would venture to guess that changing shelf tags might be more easily accomplished than switching out hundreds of mattresses located in entities of the company which are spread across the globe.

bdjam

Obviously we aren’t going to change your mind. As for your quotes....that’s what takes up all the server space. You sit there and pick apart everyone’s posts with your quote. Its tedious for me to go through all your little quotes. Why not just quote once and then comment? This is not a court room. Just a friendly discussion. I feel, and its just the way I feel, that you think by picking apart a post, quote by quote, that it gives some sort of validity to your opinion. Unfortunately it does not.

Here are the facts as we know it:

Princess released a press release stating that they were offering upgraded amenities to certain categories. They did not pull it off.

Some customers did book anticipating these amenities. Does not matter how hard it would be for them to institute these new amenities. They stated they would have the amenities in place beginning in Sept. They are not in place as of Oct.

Princess has since removed the statement stating these new amenities. In doing so they are admitting that they made a mistake.

CroozBlooz,

For those who have any interest and never saw the press release before it was removed, could you possibly post it. You may have to retype it, but with all the typing going back and forth today, I thought you might not mind doing that.

bdjam

Obviously we aren’t going to change your mind. As for your quotes....that’s what takes up all the server space. You sit there and pick apart everyone’s posts with your quote. Its tedious for me to go through all your little quotes. Why not just quote once and then comment? This is not a court room. Just a friendly discussion. I feel, and its just the way I feel, that you think by picking apart a post, quote by quote, that it gives some sort of validity to your opinion. Unfortunately it does not.

I’m sorry you find my posts tedious…perhaps using the “ignore” feature on my screen name might bring some relief. I’m not sure how the way I format my posts matters to the subject of this thread, but if you feel it is appropriate to advance your side of the discussion, then by all means.
Here are the facts as we know it:

Princess released a press release stating that they were offering upgraded amenities to certain categories. They did not pull it off.

Some customers did book anticipating these amenities. Does not matter how hard it would be for them to institute these new amenities. They stated they would have the amenities in place beginning in Sept. They are not in place as of Oct.

Princess has since removed the statement stating these new amenities. In doing so they are admitting that they made a mistake.

I have to disagree with your interpretation of the facts. I don’t agree that what is stated here as fact is in fact, fact. Princess continues to upgrade the amenities, so they continue to “pull it off.” It is unfortunate that some people might have booked these categories based on the new amenities, and if true, they should contact Princess Customer Relations – the address is on the Princess website – and log a complaint. The act of removing their marketing statement from the website is not an admission of guilt on the part of Princess…that wouldn’t hold up in either a court of law or a friendly discussion.

Apparently a good number of us have been sailing with Princess without the amenities in the past and without ill effects.

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. Most us us are repeaters on Princess and have slept on the old bedding without harm or discomfort or we wouldn't return time and time again. So what's all the flap about? Princess made a statement that starting in September the bedding would be upgraded but for whatever reason, it couldn't honor the statement. It could have been a vendor problem or a time problem or whatever. The bottom line is that, if the new bedding isn't in place for an upcoing cruise, you will still sleep on a bed with sheets and blankets and are a lot better off than a lot of other people still sleeping in cots in an arena or in a tent in Iraq. Get over it.

If you shopped here and read the following statement would you not want 10% off?

Beginning September 2005, our shop will automatically reduce by 10% any item that has been listed 30 days or more.

Or lets say you were a memberhere Would you need to call to see where they were meeting after reading this?

Beginning January 2005, our meetings will be held at the new Evergreen Valley High School on Quimby Road.

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. Most us us are repeaters on Princess and have slept on the old bedding without harm or discomfort or we wouldn't return time and time again. So what's all the flap about? Princess made a statement that starting in September the bedding would be upgraded but for whatever reason, it couldn't honor the statement. It could have been a vendor problem or a time problem or whatever. The bottom line is that, if the new bedding isn't in place for an upcoing cruise, you will still sleep on a bed with sheets and blankets and are a lot better off than a lot of other people still sleeping in cots in an arena or in a tent in Iraq. Get over it.

Iraq? Arenas? So I guess as long as I get a cot with some bread and water I should be happy? You did nail it when you said " but for whatever reason, it couldn't honor the statement"

That’s it! Nothing more or less. the only reason we are so vocal about it is because of the cheerleaders. It isn’t a huge deal at all. But it is an issue. They need to be held accountable for their short falls. Customers did not book through the bedding supplier. They booked through Princess with the understanding that they would receive certain amenities that princess could not supply. It just blows my mind when a "cheerleader can't just admit that XX screwed up.

Ethel5:

With all due respect, I believe your comments are unwarranted, particularly the (potentially offensive) "get over it."

It seems to me the only people who have a justifiable beef are those who book a suite or mini-suite and do not get the amenities that were promised. Whether or not they willingly slept on the old mattresses and old sheets in the past is irrelevant. It was acceptable then because there was not an alternative at Princess, and if one wants to cruise Princess, one had no other alternatives. Given that Princess offered up enhancements, it is reasonable for those affected to expect them.

And for the record, what other people wear aboard the ship (even on formal nights) does not matter to me in the least, nor does it have any impact on my enjoyment of my cruise. And I do wear a tux on formal nights. :)

Iraq? Arenas? So I guess as long as I get a cot with some bread and water I should be happy? You did nail it when you said " but for whatever reason, it couldn't honor the statement"

No one should be happy with bread and water and a cot-that's not what you paid for. BUT let's put this in perspective-if you don't get the upgraded ammenities, you are still getting a suite or mini suite and were quite happy with the old bedding etc. or you wouldn't be returning. I believe very few people would book a cruise based on bedding.

still getting a suite or mini suite and were quite happy with the old bedding etc. or you wouldn't be returning..

Ahh but maybe one IS returning because they were under the impression that they would be sleeping in a new bed!! Perhaps someone paid to up-grade to a mini as they were under the impression that they would receive these amenities.

Ethel5:

Using your logic, then, assume the following:

You always book an inside cabin on Princess. Each time you booked, you paid $599 per person, and never received any on-board credits. You were perfectly happy with that arrangement. Now, this time, you are told that when you book the inside cabin you will pay $599 per person, as before, but you will also receive a $50 per person on-board credit. When you arrive on the ship, your cabin is there, but your on-board credit is not.

Using your logic, since you were happy in the past with what you got, you should't be disturbed if you now don't get the OBC that was promised.

It's not so much what you are willing to accept or what you have found acceptable in the past, but rather did you get what you were promised this time.

And just for the record, each person makes their own decisions about what type of cabin to book based on their own needs and desires. We have booked mini-suites the last three cruises completed (balconies prior to that) and were happy with them without the added amenities. This upcoming cruise next week we were on the fence between the two types of cabin, as the difference in price between balcony and mini was only about $200. The upgraded mattress and the linens (as opposed to the other amenities that were not as valuable to us) were the deciding factor and we went with the mini.

the only reason we are so vocal about it is because of the cheerleaders. It isn’t a huge deal at all.
And the only reason the cheerleaders have to step in is to correct the erroneous facts.
They booked through Princess with the understanding that they would receive certain amenities that princess could not supply. It just blows my mind when a "cheerleader can't just admit that XX screwed up.
What the problem is here is that those who are non-cheerleaders close their minds to objectivity. If one has a problem with Princess and the way they have handled the roll out of these amenities, your posts here are useless. Contact Princess.
BUT let's put this in perspective-if you don't get the upgraded ammenities, you are still getting a suite or mini suite and were quite happy with the old bedding etc. or you wouldn't be returning.
That’s why I think Princess would be best served in the future not to communicate anything to its passengers. That way there are no expectations that can become highly inflated and that way there won’t be people complaining they’ve had something taken away when in fact they haven’t.
You always book an inside cabin on Princess. Each time you booked, you paid $599 per person, and never received any on-board credits. You were perfectly happy with that arrangement. Now, this time, you are told that when you book the inside cabin you will pay $599 per person, as before, but you will also receive a $50 per person on-board credit. When you arrive on the ship, your cabin is there, but your on-board credit is not.
Wow – I think there’s a big difference between an on-board credit which can be electronically transmitted from Los Angeles to the ship and a mattress that has to be carried to the ship. I find it amazing that the logistics of this effort are lost here – Princess obviously understood it when they wrote their open-ended statement.
The upgraded mattress and the linens (as opposed to the other amenities that were not as valuable to us) were the deciding factor and we went with the mini.
I maintain then that you should send Princess a letter and ask them for the difference between the two cabins in on-board credits for your inconvenience.

I guess my interest is now peaked as to what all you non-cheerleaders who feel that Princess is in error want from the cruise line. An admission of guilt where none exists? And what good with that do? Bottom line is that if your ship doesn't have free champagne, your ship doesn't have free champagne.

The Princess "non-cheeerleaders" have and have always had the option of not cruising Princess if they are so dissatisfied with the way Princess operates - so, if they have made that decision, they no longer have any need to be posting on the Princess board - they no longer have any Princess experience to draw on to help anyone. If they are so dissatisfied and keep on cruising Princess then they must be into some kind of "self abuse" program. They also have the option of putting the people that do not agree with their "posts" on their ignore list - I have done this with several posters and it works for me. I now have much less BS to filter out.

Ron

And the only reason the cheerleaders have to step in is to correct the erroneous facts. What the problem is here is that those who are non-cheerleaders close their minds to objectivity. If one has a problem with Princess and the way they have handled the roll out of these amenities, your posts here are useless. Contact Princess. That’s why I think Princess would be best served in the future not to communicate anything to its passengers. That way there are no expectations that can become highly inflated and that way there won’t be people complaining they’ve had something taken away when in fact they haven’t. Wow – I think there’s a big difference between an on-board credit which can be electronically transmitted from Los Angeles to the ship and a mattress that has to be carried to the ship. I find it amazing that the logistics of this effort are lost here – Princess obviously understood it when they wrote their open-ended statement.

I maintain then that you should send Princess a letter and ask them for the difference between the two cabins in on-board credits for your inconvenience.

I guess my interest is now peaked as to what all you non-cheerleaders who feel that Princess is in error want from the cruise line. An admission of guilt where none exists? And what good with that do? Bottom line is that if your ship doesn't have free champagne, your ship doesn't have free champagne.

Haven't sailed yet. I am expressing my concern. If I get what I was promised then I will do nothing. If I get on the ship to find old beds old linens then I will ask for $295 that I paid to change cabins.

And what are your facts? You keep mentioning the logistics of getting new bedding. That is the cruise line's problem not mine. They said I WILL receive the new amenities. It's their job to figure out the logistics...I am sure they have plenty of experience with getting stuff to the ship!!

Ra RA Ra

Haven't sailed yet. I am expressing my concern. If I get what I was promised then I will do nothing. If I get on the ship to find old beds old linens then I will ask for $295 that I paid to change cabins.

Ra RA Ra

Great – let us know how it turns out. I’m sure Princess will do all they can to make you happy. The childish rants, however, only serve to invalidate the point of debate...it is difficult to take posts seriously when they include playground-like taunting.

Great – let us know how it turns out. I’m sure Princess will do all they can to make you happy. The childish rants, however, only serve to invalidate the point of debate...it is difficult to take posts seriously when they include playground-like taunting.

As a long time poster you should know the guidelines.:)

Ethel5:

Using your logic, then, assume the following:

Using your logic, since you were happy in the past with what you got, you should't be disturbed if you now don't get the OBC that was promised.

It's not so much what you are willing to accept or what you have found acceptable in the past, but rather did you get what you were promised this time.

And just for the record, each person makes their own decisions about what type of cabin to book based on their own needs and desires. We have booked mini-suites the last three cruises completed (balconies prior to that) and were happy with them without the added amenities. This upcoming cruise next week we were on the fence between the two types of cabin, as the difference in price between balcony and mini was only about $200. The upgraded mattress and the linens (as opposed to the other amenities that were not as valuable to us) were the deciding factor and we went with the mini.

Believe me, not getting new bedding or missing ports or even missing $50 in cabin credit would not send me into a tail spin. I'm on a ship meeting new people and seeing new places and I'm happy. As for choosing a mini just for the bedding, I believe you are in a small minority. Most cabins are picked for the size and/or location.

I'm glad that you're so easygoing about things.

Your suggestion that I or anybody else is in a "tailspin" however, is misguided. As a general rule I think people fall into three categories. The first two, being in the minority, are (i) those who don't let anything bother them and when things are promised and not received, they simply say "oh well", and (ii) those that let everything bother them, overeact, and threaten lawsuits for the flimsiest of reasons. Then there are the rest of us who do expect to receive what we are promised, and are disappointed when promises are not kept.

The way I looked at this was that the price differential on this particular cruise between a balcony and a mini was modest (about $30 per day), and I'd definitely pay that for a more comfortable night's sleep. The larger bathroom and tub in the mini is an added bonus!

I'm glad that you're so easygoing about things.

Your suggestion that I or anybody else is in a "tailspin" however, is misguided. As a general rule I think people fall into three categories. The first two, being in the minority, are (i) those who don't let anything bother them and when things are promised and not received, they simply say "oh well", and (ii) those that let everything bother them, overeact, and threaten lawsuits for the flimsiest of reasons. Then there are the rest of us who do expect to receive what we are promised, and are disappointed when promises are not kept.

The way I looked at this was that the price differential on this particular cruise between a balcony and a mini was modest (about $30 per day), and I'd definitely pay that for a more comfortable night's sleep. The larger bathroom and tub in the mini is an added bonus!

You left out passengers like me. I was pleased to learn that we MAY have some new perks in our Coral mini suite next week.:) However, once I get on the ship, I will be sooooo excited that I will probably forget to look for the new perks and will not be bothered in the least. :D

The old foam beds suited me just fine before (in fact I sleep so well on them that we went out and bought a TempurPedic mattress!), so I may not like the new beds. If they are like the new beds that HAL installed, they may be too soft for me. But, what the heck! I am cruising and that's all that matters.

BTW - we are suppose to get a $150 shipboard credit for booking the mini and I will be s little upset if that does not transpire.

Iamthesea -

There are several of us on our rollcall waiting to hear what you have to say about the Coral - we all go the week of Oct 25 -

As for me (and its about me) am going on Princess for the first time, for a honeymoon trip, and upgraded to a suite because its special - and I want and will demand the upgrades because they were offered - so if nothing else maybe I will get cruise credit if they are not there....

Just hoping for the best because that is what was offered and what we paid the extra $$ for.

Lisa

I just wish we could get some confirmation on whether they are in place on the Coral. A CC member named Hugger is on the ship now and I was hoping she would post while on board. If we don't hear anything before I go, I will try to post, but my DH might not let me.:o

Ron, that's hysterical! Thanks for the good one. Of course, with my rain check I expect a free cruise! LOL

Iamthesea, we have a Tempurpedic at home, and love it. I've never been as fond of the Princess mattresses as they are not of the "memory foam" variety.

Archived