Dolphin Deck on Emerald - any comments?

LeeGal

Hey all, we're sailing on the 14th November on Emerald (me and Mom) and we got upgraded to a mini-suite on Dolphin Deck. Just wondered if anyone had any comments/tips/reviews for us. First time we've ever had a mini-suite! Any perks to look forward to? :)

Hey all, we're sailing on the 14th November on Emerald (me and Mom) and we got upgraded to a mini-suite on Dolphin Deck. Just wondered if anyone had any comments/tips/reviews for us. First time we've ever had a mini-suite! Any perks to look forward to? :)

Nice larger cabin with tub, sofa, two tv's, better mattress & pillows (so Princess says), have fun. Perks, a welcome glass of champagne. Note that your balcony is 9'x6' uncovered. For some the uncovered balcony is an issue, for me not an issue at all.

We love the mini-suites. Lots more space. Nice tub/shower combination in the bathroom. I don't think you get any special perks because they are not really considered suites by Princess. The balconies are uncovered, but that can be a good thing or a bad thing. Some don't like them because the people from the upper decks can look down and see you on your balcony. We just wave to them and say HI.

We sailed on the Emerald in a mini on Dolphin about 4 years ago. It is one of my favorite princess ships.

Its true the balcony is not covered but not a problem for us.

We mostly always take the mini. IMHO it is much nicer than the regular balcony cabin. Lots more room, and a nice couch instead of that small chair.

As said above, bathroom with tub/shower, lots of storage. Large closet.

It was near Christmas, and there were gorgeous decorated trees all over the ship.

Have a great time.

marge

The only trouble with a mini-suite on the emerald is anyone can look down at your balcony.

It is not covered.

long cruiser

BUT fyi to all, not on minis Emerald Deck toward the aft. Fully covered. Great shot straight down to water too. Have had a few of these. On some ships you may hear some noise of activities below but we have only heard very minimal if at all.

Love these cabins.

The fact that the balcony is uncovered is a plus and for some perhaps a minus.

Plus: great view of the sky and stars at night. Better view of everything in general at any time.

Minus: if you have a problem with the sun, not good, but of course the pool decks would also not be good. There are things you should not do on the balcony like sunbathing san clothes.

Also some things better left to the privacy of the cabin. :eek:

Reality is that there are better things to do than stare down at you from above. It rarely happens. We had one of these for our Grand med cruise and rarely saw anyone above looking down, and then only for a moment. There are more interesting things to stare at on the pool decks on a sunny day. :cool:

JMHO, Dixon