Bring Wine on Board

KarenMF

If I just keep it in my room the steward will charge me?

You won't even get it on board without paying the fee. :mad:

It will be stopped at the x-ray machine if you have it in your hand luggage. If in your heavy luggage they will hold the luggage for you to see them in the evening and then pay the fee.

Mike

Your room steward doesn't care and has nothing to do with collecting the corkage - upon boarding, security will flag your bottle on the pier, or if it's in your checked luggage, you will likely need to go find the "naughty" room - open your bags in the presence of ship security, and, someone will cheerfully "assist" you in processing the payment.

It's still cheaper than buying onboard, especially if you have a preference for your own label - plus the 18% gratuity for buying (by the glass or with the beverage package, etc.) ... as you know, wine/liquor has an average markup of 2x to 3x its typical retail pricing on land.

You won't even get it on board without paying the fee. :mad:

It will be stopped at the x-ray machine if you have it in your hand luggage. If in your heavy luggage they will hold the luggage for you to see them in the evening and then pay the fee.

Mike

Aaaaah! OK I understand. Since I have the drink package, I don't think i will bother, then