UBER to POM?

flyingandcruising

I would for sure do the xl..... since u have luggage

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wifi at hotel? but that would be a issue

The issue is getting off the ship, no WIFI to use, unless we pay. Are we able to order Uber in advance?

Thank you for the $20 off.

The issue is getting off the ship, no WIFI to use, unless we pay. Are we able to order Uber in advance?

Thank you for the $20 off.

No it uses gps and your location in order to request your ride so maybe a cab on way back would be best unless there would be wifi at cruise terminal

No it uses gps and your location in order to request your ride so maybe a cab on way back would be best unless there would be wifi at cruise terminal

Ya, I think we will use Uber to the port and arrange for a shuttle coming back, thank you very much for all the info.

I do NOT know this to be a fact, but I was looking in to shuttles and read uber cannot enter cruise port restricted areas to drop passengers at the terminal. You may want to research to see if this is still the case. My luck would be I would get there and have a long walk to the boat!

I do NOT know this to be a fact, but I was looking in to shuttles and read uber cannot enter cruise port restricted areas to drop passengers at the terminal. You may want to research to see if this is still the case. My luck would be I would get there and have a long walk to the boat! ��

We have the same luck, lol. Thanks for the heads up.

I do NOT know this to be a fact, but I was looking in to shuttles and read uber cannot enter cruise port restricted areas to drop passengers at the terminal. You may want to research to see if this is still the case. My luck would be I would get there and have a long walk to the boat!

I can't find anything online that shows this holds true any more. Typically when they have been restricted from an airport or port, they can still do a drop off but not a pick up.

The app is usually good about alerting you when attempting to do something outside of the rules. It's letting me do a fare estimate and request a ride from a nearby hotel to POM as of today.

Thanks, i've never used Uber before, so this would be our first time. Only issue is we are from Canada so dont have a data plan in the US, how would we get picked up without using the App?

First off you really need to change your display picture!!! :p GO WINGS GO...... secondly, we always purchase a travel data plan before we head to the States. Depending who your carrier is, its a bit expensive but its nice to know you have it if needed!! we use Koodo this is what they charge

10 days

$40

Unlimited minutes

250 MB of data

Unlimited outgoing texts

Free incoming texts

I have a cruise coming up shortly from Miami. We are from Canada as well and purchased a sim card from Roam Mobility dot com.

US Sim card $9.95 (Their sim card is on tmobile) then you just pay for days you want service.

Unlimited Text/Data for 1 day $1.95

Unlimited Text/Talk for 1 day w/voicemail and caller id $2.95

Unlimited Text/Talk/Data for 1 day $3.95

Other longer plans available.

Definitely worth checking out...I haven't used mine yet but a friend I work with just used his for a trip to NY and said it worked as advertised.

You must have an unlocked cell phone and you can purchase the sim card at most gas stations.

I have a cruise coming up shortly from Miami. We are from Canada as well and purchased a sim card from Roam Mobility dot com.

US Sim card $9.95 (Their sim card is on tmobile) then you just pay for days you want service.

Definitely worth checking out...I haven't used mine yet but a friend I work with just used his for a trip to NY and said it worked as advertised.

You must have an unlocked cell phone and you can purchase the sim card at most gas stations.

This is great info ! Hmmmm I think my daughter picked up a cell phone last year's black Friday in the states I should check it out!

This is great info ! Hmmmm I think my daughter picked up a cell phone last year's black Friday in the states I should check it out!

Note...it doesn't have to be a cell phone from the US, you can use your own as long as it's unlocked. They even will sell you a cell phone with the sim card for $49

First off you really need to change your display picture!!! :p GO WINGS GO...... secondly, we always purchase a travel data plan before we head to the States. Depending who your carrier is, its a bit expensive but its nice to know you have it if needed!! we use Koodo this is what they charge

10 days

$40

Unlimited minutes

250 MB of data

Unlimited outgoing texts

Free incoming texts

LOL, I'm still a leafs fan for life. Are you upset we took your coach?

I have Rogers, they charge an arm and a leg for extras.

Yes!

Uber picks up and drops off at both Fort Lauderdale and Miami ports and airports.

Thank you Kel! Much appreciated!

Thank you for the info!!!

Thanks for this!

• 2 weeks later...
Total novice to Uber here. Reading conflicting information about Uber's ability to drop us off at the Port of Miami and picking up from same. Can the driver's work the Port of Miami?

We used Uber from the Hampton Inn-Brickell to POM on 11/7/15 with no issue. Cost us $8.32. Excellent service. We did self debarkation on the 14th and were off of our ship by 7am. I had trouble setting my pickup point on the Uber map, so after a few minutes I gave up and jumped in a taxi.

LOL, I'm still a leafs fan for life. Are you upset we took your coach?

I have Rogers, they charge an arm and a leg for extras.

My husband is with Rogers and on our last cruise out of Houston he paid an extra $5/day to use his data plan while in Houston.