HAL booking website glitch or ??

take us away

Went to the HAL site to do a booking and it is adding 'computer-ese' before each question and category. This is making this very difficult to use especially as needing a larger font for my older eyes. Is anyone else seeing this or having a similar issue??

Sent HAL an email about a possible glitch or to ask that they put it back to a more user-friendly format.

Edited by take us away

Went to the HAL site to do a booking and it is adding 'computer-ese' before each question and category. This is making this very difficult to use especially as needing a larger font for my older eyes. Is anyone else seeing this or having a similar issue??

Sent HAL an email about a possible glitch or to ask that they put it back to a more user-friendly format.

Just about the time I figured out how the last web-site worked and learned how to find what I was looking for, they changed it. They claim it is the new and improved website.

Unfortunately, I am neither new nor improved. I too am having an awful time trying to find a booking that wife and I both would like. After giving up, the darn thing sends me an email asking me to finish booking.

Back to the TA.

Edited by BumperII

I haven't any problems booking a cruise, but problems managing a booked cruise.

I tried to make reservations in the Tamarind and kept getting an error that the item was already in the cart. It wasn't and the cart was empty. Had to call HAL to straighten it out.

Also checked-in online and received the lovely prompt that check-in was complete and all the check marks indicating it was complete. Kept getting emails to complete our check-in. When logging into the reservation, would also get a message to complete check-in.

Finally received an email from HAL telling me to complete check-in and that 2 pieces of information were missing. For one, I had to call HAL and get them to fix it. For the other, after going through the check-in process more times that I care to remember, I discovered that the check-in system prompted that a section was complete even though required information was missing.

Haven't received an email in a few days, so hopefully check-in is now complete.

when it is in computer code not English (or a non-machine language)

what I am seeing is things like:

crptcntrnsprt (probably their computer code for the category) transfer to port

When I checked this morning what is showing up is the 'variable' name vice the actual data that should be there. All display data is assigned a 'variable' name that is used when the code is running. When running properly, the data for that 'variable' is displayed not the 'variable' character itself. For example if I needed to display a 'suite name', ie Vista -- I would code == variable_cabin_type in the display space and then when the program runs what is shown is VISTA. Somewhere something went wrong and the program is displaying instead the code itself == 'variable_cabin_type'.

I also noticed that it appears they use the same code for all of their global websites -- be it in English or other languages.

hope not too confusing.

Edited by momatibm
edited to add comment on global websites

On Monday, I experienced something similar when pre-buying some onboard credit. The wording was just "off" with extra characters (almost like code instead of regular words). I was still able to make my purchase, but the site was definitely not displaying content as it should have been. It might have been my browser, but I'm not sure.