Escape fitness

HP1568

Does anyone know if the Escape has Flywheel spinning Classes?

I would also like to know everything about Escapes fitness classes and gym. Pictures anyone? Thanks!!

I will let you guys know next week or so if they have Spin classes and other classes. Will also post pics if the internet on there isn't horribly slow!

I am curious about the gym too, the pictures are great. Does anyone know if the jogging track is in the same location as the breakaway and getaway? I was trying to find it on the deck plan but was challenged. Lol

Yes. Just like on those ships, you want to be done by around 7AM, or you will be dodging people. Per the Dailies the track actually closes at 9AM, but Margaritaville opens at 8, and restaurant check in is right on the track. LOL

I am curious about the gym too, the pictures are great. Does anyone know if the jogging track is in the same location as the breakaway and getaway? I was trying to find it on the deck plan but was challenged. Lol

it is the same location on the Escape, right outside the Arcade/Margaritaville restaurant. No rock climbing wall on the Escape so it's a little easier to get around the jogging track on the Escape.

it is the same location on the Escape, right outside the Arcade/Margaritaville restaurant. No rock climbing wall on the Escape so it's a little easier to get around the jogging track on the Escape.

Yay about more room with no rock climbing wall but boo about that is where the location of Margaritaville, I found it challenging sometimes with just the little cafe's that were there (can't remeber name) Oh well, I will deal with it, I am on vacation!!! And there is no way I will be done by 7, I am lucky I am up by 7. Lol

Yay about more room with no rock climbing wall but boo about that is where the location of Margaritaville, I found it challenging sometimes with just the little cafe's that were there (can't remeber name) Oh well, I will deal with it, I am on vacation!!! And there is no way I will be done by 7, I am lucky I am up by 7. Lol

My husband runs several miles a day on ships. He knows that if he wants to run at anything resembling a pace, he finishes by 7. It just depends on how important it is to you. He's usually out there by 5:30am at the latest. (Meanwhile, I'm sleeping. Haha)

By the way, there are Margaritaville tables where the rock climbing wall would have been, so it's not like there's more room. Tables on both sides of the track.

Thanks for the great pictures and the fitness rooms/areas. For the spin classes, I'm sure there is a fee for the class (and other fitness classes), correct? Does anyone know how much they are and how often they are offered? Thanks!

These are great pictures! Thank you. I assume the fitness center on the Escape will be nicer than the fitness center on the Jade? I saw a rowing machine on one of the Escape pictures and would love it if there was one on the Jade. Anyone familiar with the Jade fitness center?

Thank you

those don't look like flywheel bikes, but std schwinn carbon blue bikes with the power meter. But I see some messy wiring on the outside, so maybe they got the bike computer sending info to a central point and displaying it on the screen. Hopefully it will allow them to lower the cost from the $30 they charge on the Flywheel classes.

Re cycling classes, yes, ESCAPE does offer cycle classes - not "SPIN." Nor is it soul cycle. The actual name of the program escapes my memory. They classes on our trip TA were scheduled at 9am almost each morning. The fee is $20. They do provide shoes. The bikes are synced to a main computer (similar to soul cycle). Here, the rider wears a heart monitor, which is used to gage the users effort. This is also gaged against the class, however, it is not a race (like soul cycle is). The TRX and kick boxing are alternately scheduled in the adjacent studio. Those classes are also $20. The 2 trainers - 1 male, 1 female, are extremely approachable, friendly and enjoy teaching the sessions. Have fun.

Re cycling classes, yes, ESCAPE does offer cycle classes - not "SPIN." Nor is it soul cycle. The actual name of the program escapes my memory. They classes on our trip TA were scheduled at 9am almost each morning. The fee is $20. They do provide shoes. The bikes are synced to a main computer (similar to soul cycle). Here, the rider wears a heart monitor, which is used to gage the users effort. This is also gaged against the class, however, it is not a race (like soul cycle is). The TRX and kick boxing are alternately scheduled in the adjacent studio. Those classes are also $20. The 2 trainers - 1 male, 1 female, are extremely approachable, friendly and enjoy teaching the sessions. Have fun.

According to the picture above, their class is called Spindoor. Maybe they went independent because the Flywheel classes in the BW/GW are like $30/class, which is like triple of what their regular spin classes are and would put off people that just wants to do some exercise, not pay the extras just so they can be in a video game. For me, I would even balk at the $30/class since I have my own shoes and wear a HRM and push myself based on that.

According to the picture above, their class is called Spindoor. Maybe they went independent because the Flywheel classes in the BW/GW are like $30/class, which is like triple of what their regular spin classes are and would put off people that just wants to do some exercise, not pay the extras just so they can be in a video game. For me, I would even balk at the $30/class since I have my own shoes and wear a HRM and push myself based on that.

Not sure if Spindoor is trademark or independent. Escape is not the BA or GA.

Flywheel was very popular when those ships came out. I like Flywheel very much. "Spindoor" was fun, and is less competative. You ride your ride, not against each other. The group of 3 or 5 in my classes were a good group. For myself, it is not about the cost. If I want to do it, and there is fee, I will pay the fee. Not much different from vacationing on land, or eating in a for pay restuarant, or paying for a show, or choosing to partake in massage or manicure. I have my own cycle shoes too, but choose to leave them behind as I know Escape offers them. poo.

Not sure if Spindoor is trademark or independent. Escape is not the BA or GA.

Flywheel was very popular when those ships came out. I like Flywheel very much. "Spindoor" was fun, and is less competative. You ride your ride, not against each other. The group of 3 or 5 in my classes were a good group. For myself, it is not about the cost. If I want to do it, and there is fee, I will pay the fee. Not much different from vacationing on land, or eating in a for pay restuarant, or paying for a show, or choosing to partake in massage or manicure. I have my own cycle shoes too, but choose to leave them behind as I know Escape offers them. poo.

I am not saying BA or GA is Escape, but the fact that Escape decided to not continue license the classes and bikes from Flywheel, instead hook up their own contraption with off the shelf bikes, and then lowering the price, would indicate there was a price issue. I don't know if the Flywheel classes on the ship uses their weight batons for upper body workout, but I think those kind of things are detrimental to a proper cardio workout and hope the Spindoor doesn't utilize such fads.

For me, its about doing my routine workout. If they allowed guests to use spin bikes without classes, I would do it, just as I would use them in gyms even if there is no class. I just set my pace with my HRM and pedal away.

Only having 3 or 5 in a class on a ship of 4000 kind of implies either people don't want to pay for it or they just don't want to bother exercising. But then you look at the free classes, they are pretty filled. $30/class might be OK for boutique classes in the big cities, where the people going there are already paying $4k/month in rent and go have $75 steaks, but for the rest of middle america who take these cruises, $30 to ride a bicycle that is in all the gyms could become a little steep.

For my 12 day cruise, 6 or 7 classes would add up to around $200. I would easily put that kind of money into something unique like dive excursions, but not for a something I consider daily routine.

I was actually looking to buy a Pelaton spin bike that is linked to a spin studio in NYC and one join classes live, but then opted to just go to the gym.

Edited by snoozcroozr