Not sure what to wear for formal night dress for up and coming cruise.

dx052

Thank you, Jenna. I appreciate your advice.The stores are full of such beautiful holiday attire now such as in Chicos, Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Talbots and so on. I would have bought a few lovely pieces in the past, but I hesitate to buy those clothes now because I wonder if they will be too dressy. I already have a collection of really dressy clothes I wear on cruises, but now I'm uncertain if that clothing will be of much service anymore, so why buy more? I'll just wear what I have.

This is what I'll do. We are leaving on an 11-night Eclipse cruise the end of November. When I get back, I'll tell you folks what poeple actually wore.

Thank you, Jenna. I appreciate your advice.The stores are full of such beautiful holiday attire now such as in Chicos, Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Talbots and so on. I would have bought a few lovely pieces in the past, but I hesitate to buy those clothes now because I wonder if they will be too dressy. I already have a collection of really dressy clothes I wear on cruises, but now I'm uncertain if that clothing will be of much service anymore, so why buy more? I'll just wear what I have.

This is what I'll do. We are leaving on an 11-night Eclipse cruise the end of November. When I get back, I'll tell you folks what poeple actually wore.

Sounds like me, except I love new clothes and placed an Ann Taylor and Boston Proper order today for our cruise in three weeks. Ann is having a 50% sale and Boston Proper 25% (their sales are more rare, though with the new owners, Chicos, more common).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Evening Chic is on all sailings (except XPedition) beginning on or after December 4, 2015, so this change doesn't affect your cruise. From a practical standpoint, I doubt people are going to notice a difference for awhile. A lot of people have already planned their outfits for cruises in the near future. And many of us see this change as just catching up to the dress code that's been being observed for a while now: few people in tuxes and formal gowns but most being dressed up to some extent.