Air arrangement from SFO to San Juan

Sorry Muffin

Has anyone cruise out of San Juan flying in from the San Francisco Bay Area?

Have they had any problems using a REDEYE flight, or had they had to book hotel rooms?

I have not book a cruise yet but was wondering for budgeting purposes.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Even with a red-eye from SFO, you are pushing it to try to make a ship departing the same day you arrive in SJU. Too much distance and time change. You could try JetBlue - they have a connection through Orlando that arrives at around 3:30am, or via JFK that arrives around 4:30am.

Best suggestion I can make - take a look at matrix.itasoftware.com and play around with that research site. You can see what flight options look like and pricing. Be sure to click on "time bars" so you can visually see what these options are without trying to process just text.

Believe American has flights... some years ago, I flew from SF to San Juan, at time was on govt business. With connections thru Miami I believe the schdule had me arriving in San Juan around 2am, so I elected to go through NYC, JFK.

Ran into equipment problems, still got in a 2 am... so I agree you should always go a day ahead when flying from the west coast east... never know what can happen.

Agree about jet lag. You'll be changing almost as many time zones as I do when I fly to Europe for a Mediterranean cruise, I plan on going 3 days early to adjust, or else waste the first days of the cruise sleeping.

Not to mention, if it's winter, it could take two days to get another flight if yours was cancelled.