Galveston Staggered Embarkation ---- Any feedback?

Maggiepie

We're scheduled on the Breeze 5/29. We had originally picked a 10-10:30 check in time. I got an e-mail yesterday afternoon advising that, no matter what your check in time was, nobody would be allowed to board until app. 12:30.

This probably doesn't apply to Platinum, FTTF, wedding parties, etc,etc..

Since we aren't any of those, we went online and changed our check in time to 1-1:30.

We're scheduled on the Breeze 5/29. We had originally picked a 10-10:30 check in time. I got an e-mail yesterday afternoon advising that, no matter what your check in time was, nobody would be allowed to board until app. 12:30.

This probably doesn't apply to Platinum, FTTF, wedding parties, etc,etc..

Since we aren't any of those, we went online and changed our check in time to 1-1:30.

We were on the Magic out of Galveston in March and had FTTF and a 10-10:30 check in time. Boarding did not start until about 12:30 and that started with the wedding party, followed by Diamond/Platinum, then FTTF, special assistance, and then the rest. So if they are saying it will start at 12:30 it will start with the wedding parties like ours did. It will apply to all.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

We were on the Freedom April 23. We had FTTF and 10-10:30. There were 2 lines going into the terminal. One was for FTTF, plats and diamonds and weddings. The other was for that check in time. A guy at the entrance to the line was telling them they could get in line if they had 10-12 check in. There was hardly anyone in the priority line, and lots backed up in the other check in line. It was about 10:15. Problem was, they had one Carnival employee checking paperwork for both lines. The other problem was that the person before us in line was with a wedding party (but no other people with him in line). He told the Carnival employee there were wedding people behind us and asked if they could come up and go in. There was a bunch of those people. She said yes. My husband walks with a cane and has trouble standing for long periods. So the other wedding party people started trying to push their way past us and I told the girl about my husband's issue and that we needed to get inside so he could sit down for a few minutes. So the girl let us on through and I got an "evil eye" stare from one lady in the wedding party. I understand letting them board first, but imo, that's not the same as entering the terminal. Once inside there was no line for security or check in and the waiting area after check in was relatively empty.

There is a difference between Check in and Boarding

You can check in when the Port opens it's doors for the next embarkation, usually around 10:00, at your assigned check in time.

Your boarding group will follow weddings, Diamond and Platnum, FTTF. What time you board depends on the Port and how fast the previous cruise is cleared.

Been out of Galveston tons of times and there never has been a long wait really. Got there at 11 AM last year and thought we would be waiting a while to board even though we had FTTF. Walked right in, checked in an walked right on the ship. No one was even waiting in the sitting area. Go figure.

Been out of Galveston tons of times and there never has been a long wait really. Got there at 11 AM last year and thought we would be waiting a while to board even though we had FTTF. Walked right in, checked in an walked right on the ship. No one was even waiting in the sitting area. Go figure.

The thing that's relatively new is the staggered boarding time slots. In 2015 one selects a boarding window at time of finalization of online registration. If you arrive early and are not priority then expect to spend some time outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We had to cancel our cruise due to a medical emergency but our daughter and her family arrived at 1:00 and were in their room at 1:54. They had a 1:00-1:30 check in time.

Edited by dan4182