Pre Cruise Bottled Water packages

xeroxme

I will be a new to NCL next year with two NCL cruise. Just looked at bottled water pre cruise pricing. 47 dollars for a 12 pack of water? Tell me this isn't real and can you bring on board water. Having sailed Carnival I know they don't let water be brought but the price of water is reasonably cheap.

What do experienced NCL cruisers do? My DW always wants bottled water in the room and drinks lots of it.

There are a couple of ways to get a case of water to your room. You can carry it onboard, or you can put in a carry-on sized bag, put a tag on it and have it go with the luggage. So far NCL doesn't care about water, or soft drinks. So your husband won't have anything to worry about.;)

I will be a new to NCL next year with two NCL cruise. Just looked at bottled water pre cruise pricing. 47 dollars for a 12 pack of water? Tell me this isn't real and can you bring on board water. Having sailed Carnival I know they don't let water be brought but the price of water is reasonably cheap.

What do experienced NCL cruisers do? My DW always wants bottled water in the room and drinks lots of it.

There price for water is absolutely ridiculous I could see charging maybe around $20 for it because it is a premium price but 47 is crazy

either way you are able to bring in your own water just slap a luggage label on it at the port and they will deliver to your room

NCL does not care about you bringing water or soda aboard. Some ports allow you to just slap a luggage tag on a case of water. Others require it to be "inside" a bag. We normally pack a case in a small roller.

NCL really needs to get on this. I don't feel like schlepping a case of bottled water on with me. I enjoyed the fact I didn't have to haul it on the Carnival cruise I did last month. I pre-ordered and it was in the cabin upon my arrival. It was simple and painless and the cost was very reasonable. NCL could still make money off a policy like Carnival's but the price gouging going on for bottled water ordered in advance does need to go. :cool:

NCL really needs to get on this. I don't feel like schlepping a case of bottled water on with me. I enjoyed the fact I didn't have to haul it on the Carnival cruise I did last month. I pre-ordered and it was in the cabin upon my arrival. It was simple and painless and the cost was very reasonable. NCL could still make money off a policy like Carnival's but the price gouging going on for bottled water ordered in advance does need to go. :cool:

Yes, this. We also have bottled water on board and NCL is ridiculously expensive. But my DH will NOT schlep a case of water to the port. He insists that we're on vacation and we'll pay the incredibly high fee. Since I am also not going to be the schlepper, we pay it ahead of time and forget it.

There price for water is absolutely ridiculous I could see charging maybe around $20 for it because it is a premium price but 47 is crazy

either way you are able to bring in your own water just slap a luggage label on it at the port and they will deliver to your room

you would think the tap water would be more expensive since they actually have to desalinate ocean water for that, while pretty much all the bottled water are just municipal tap water and even with a $1/bottle, there probably is a 400% markup already.

I'll be the one to ask the question, but why are people paying for water on the ship? There is unlimited filtered water at every turn and pitchers of water can be brought to your room. Besides maybe getting bottles of water to go to shore with why are folks buying water packages?

I'll be the one to ask the question, but why are people paying for water on the ship? There is unlimited filtered water at every turn and pitchers of water can be brought to your room. Besides maybe getting bottles of water to go to shore with why are folks buying water packages?

Its a mental thing :D

I agree. I will fly to port. So unless somehow between airport and pier I get water which is unlikely you get way overcharged. I do like that Carnival has made it reasonable and I order a couple cases for stateroom and excursions.

Hopefully it's a future NCL improvement.

How do I get a pitcher of water brought to my room? You mean like room service, or there's someplace for me to fill a pitcher and bring it back myself?

I'll be the one to ask the question, but why are people paying for water on the ship? There is unlimited filtered water at every turn ...

The water onboard (at worst I like to refer to it as "chlorine tasting saline solution") generally isn't that good when one is used to actually clean and tasteless water.

Even if the ship takes the water from port instead of purifying it onboard (that is the source of salt as reverse osmosis does not remove it all), they still have to add a lot of chlorine to it in order to keep the pipes clean from bacteria.

I'm just curious....I see a lot of people saying the water on board is "better" and cleaner than bottled water from the store or tap water. We have a water service because I don't like drinking fluoride and chlorine. Once you get used to this type of water, tap water tastes like pool water. So does ship water taste strongly of chlorine like tap water or is it more like a bottle of Dasani etc? Either way I am schlepping on enough bottled water for excursions.

The ship's water is in your food, beverages and ice....there is NO reason not to drink it. Silly people...pay for WATER? Lordy.

In food yes - but food has added salt anyway.

Beverages I drink come from a bottle or a can except for the half cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes after dinner.

In ice too yes, but I dislike ice in my drinks anyway (shaken martinis ftw!).

Silly people drinking that chlorine-saline stuff voluntarily? Lordy.

I'm just curious....I see a lot of people saying the water on board is "better" and cleaner than bottled water from the store or tap water. We have a water service because I don't like drinking fluoride and chlorine. Once you get used to this type of water, tap water tastes like pool water. So does ship water taste strongly of chlorine like tap water or is it more like a bottle of Dasani etc? Either way I am schlepping on enough bottled water for excursions.

"Better" refers to the microbiological quality, bottled water technically has more bacteria than ship's water - because of the qualities you refer to as "pool water" in ship's water. But as you probably already figured out, in normal circumstances the difference is theoretical and has no real life effect.

Whether the ship's water has the chlorine taste or not depends greatly on the specific ship and also the water source - in restaurants and bars water from dispensers is usually carbon filtered (to avoid residue in their equipment) and therefore has less chlorine taste in it than the water straight out from a tap.

So based on your background, I'd say that you probably won't like ship's water as drinking water either. Availability of bottled water with the drink packages is one of the reasons we now prefer Celebrity over NCL.