Weight Watchers meetings on Celebrity ships?

K.T.B.

That's a winner!!

OP, I've learned not to gain weight on a cruise and DH actually loses. The servings in the MDR are not that big so I do okay as long as I lay off the bread. There are lots of healthy choices in the buffet....and I've learned few of the desserts on any line taste as good as they look.

Now that beverage package on our upcoming cruise might be a problem, lol.

I did an Alaskan cruise and came back the same at weigh in as before I left. The big difference was excercise and I don't mean the gym.....I used the stairs as much as possible....I wear a Fitbit I registered 10,000 steps + a day....when I wasn't near it I walk around my deck until I reached goal. I ate but not over ate as I did in the past..avoided the buffet but treated myself to desserts. As the say in meetings moderation is the key!

Really good idea. What would you call it? There are friends of Bill, friends of Dorothy? Friends of ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howzabout "Weight Watchers"...? :rolleyes:

Look, I would just like to be able to monitor myself. I know many do not "get it", but this is something VERY important to me (and numerous others). Not just the weight loss, but being able to maintain and keep track of my progress. I am fully capable of figuring things out while on board. Heck, my last Celebrity cruise I lost a pound (this was before I got back to WW).

I seriously did not think this would be such a big deal for people.

Look, I would just like to be able to monitor myself. I know many do not "get it", but this is something VERY important to me (and numerous others). Not just the weight loss, but being able to maintain and keep track of my progress. I am fully capable of figuring things out while on board. Heck, my last Celebrity cruise I lost a pound (this was before I got back to WW).

Sorry, OP, I did not mean to be so flippant. As an earlier poster suggested, I think we are enjoying the novelty of a topic not related to the latest crisis ("evening chic," lunchtime throngs starving at the doors of Luminae on port days, mashed potato mayhem, etc.)

I am a WW member myself and I salute you for your resolve in sticking to the program on board. I believe that it would not be possible for Celebrity to offer anything called a Weight Watchers meeting without that being officially sanctioned by WW, and including an actual leader. Your best bet would to post on your roll call for like-minded individuals to get together for a supportive chat. In any case, I wish you success with the program and a very enjoyable cruise.

I too am a WW devotee, and have done many successful cruises on Celebrity (and other lines). Figuring out points is not that hard, since I tend to stick with my "regular" diet while on board, and only add in a few more exotic or rich dishes. I've been using the app for years and don't attend meetings anymore. I use the advice/ask section on the website and also find being part of an on-line group is helpful, as there is usually someone on-line and ready to chat if I need them. If you can't find a group to meet with on board these ideas might help. Good luck with your cruise!