Weight Watchers meetings on Celebrity ships?

K.T.B.

I've done a search of CC, but I haven't found anything about this. Does anyone know if Celebrity has meetings on board their ships for Weight Watchers?

I know one of the last things anyone wants to do while on vacation is watch their weight! :p However, I do not want to "backslide" in my efforts here. So any opportunity I can get, I want to be able to "stay on program" and keep any eye on my progress.

I would say no. However, why don't you post on the rollcall for your cruise to see if any like minded weight watchers want to join you for mutual support. How about leaving a note on the message board near GR asking if any fellow WW would be interested in meeting up for a chat. WW is such a big organisation, there's got to be someone onboard who is a member.

I've done a search of CC, but I haven't found anything about this. Does anyone know if Celebrity has meetings on board their ships for Weight Watchers?

I know one of the last things anyone wants to do while on vacation is watch their weight! :p However, I do not want to "backslide" in my efforts here. So any opportunity I can get, I want to be able to "stay on program" and keep any eye on my progress.

Weightwatchers meetings on a cruise????????????????

You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from anything else, how are you going to count points as you wont have the vaguest idea what's going into each dish.

Just enjoy it, don't worry about it and try to be sensible and not over-indulge. Then do strict WW post cruise............works for me :D

(Sorry, no offence meant, but I did think it was funny. Certainly makes a change from all the "Evening Chic" stuff :rolleyes:)

Weightwatchers meetings on a cruise????????????????

You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from anything else, how are you going to count points as you wont have the vaguest idea what's going into each dish.

Just enjoy it, don't worry about it and try to be sensible and not over-indulge. Then do strict WW post cruise............works for me :D

(Sorry, no offence meant, but I did think it was funny. Certainly makes a change from all the "Evening Chic" stuff :rolleyes:)

Well, they DO have "Friends of Bill W." meeting on a cruise.... So a WW meeting is not too far out of bounds.

[Well, they DO have "Friends of Bill W." meeting on a cruise.... So a WW meeting is not too far out of bounds.

Hmmmmm...............hadn't thought of that, but as I'd rather eat than drink, it wouldn't ordinarily occur to me :D

Edited by LF2C

I am sure Guest Relations will let you post a notice on the bulletin board and help you arrange a time and place for the meetings if it's that important to you. You could try and contact them ahead of time.

Or you could use your roll call to set up something informal.

I have never noticed any Weight Watcher meetings on any of the 25 cruises I have been on, but then again I was never looking for one.

Never noticed any WW meetings and we've been cruising since 1983. But about 15 years ago I was in the middle if a weight loss battle. When we cruised I doubled my points for each day. I figured that if every 3500 calories equals one pound of weight gain I could limit my weight gain and still feel like I was on vacation. I was eating twice as much as usual. I gained 2 1/2 lbs. that was easier to deal with that 7-10. You have to go back on program as soon as you walk off the ship. It works for me. Good luck. I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While there are no formal WW groups/meetings on board Celebrity (although what a great idea), you can still enjoy without backsliding. My DH and I were on a 17 day Panama Canal cruise this fall on the Infinity - I was also worried about backsliding after losing over 30 lbs, but the good news is that you can make wise choices on board, as well as indulge a little bit (that's what those 49 weekly points are for) and not backslide. I actually lost 1 1/2 lbs during the 17 day cruise, did a little indulging, but walked everywhere I could, including using the stairs as much as possible.

You can do it :)

I treat myself to one breakfast in the buffet a week. So that I avoid the waffles and bacon until then.;) Otherwise it's a very light m service breakfast on the balcony.

I have no will power in buffets. After about 3 days I end up adding things. Even when making a really nice salad for lunch, I end up grabbing the roll or eating half of DH's dessert. :o

I also make it a point to lose at minimum 5 pounds pre cruise. Makes up for the usual three I put on every 10 days.

I find a lot of sodium in the foods makes for water weight that comes off easy once at home.

Edited by eandj

I am a WW so I do understand the concern. I am a lifetime member but prior to the cruise I decide what do I want to do ...stay the same weight or allow a 2 lb gain without guilt.

I opt for the 2 lb gain. I do get up early almost every day & I walk the deck for 60 min .I prefer deck 5 on S class ships to walk instead of the top deck. So I get in about 4-5 miles early.

I then allow a glass of wine pre dinner & later, after dinner I may have a small treat from Cafe al Baccio.

No bread, lots of fruit, extra veggies from left side of dinner menu...you will do fine. Have reasonable expectations & enjoy yourself !

Edited by surebeatssailing
spelling error

How about Friends of Oprah since she just bought a bunch of WW stock!!!

That's a winner!!

OP, I've learned not to gain weight on a cruise and DH actually loses. The servings in the MDR are not that big so I do okay as long as I lay off the bread. There are lots of healthy choices in the buffet....and I've learned few of the desserts on any line taste as good as they look.

Now that beverage package on our upcoming cruise might be a problem, lol.

On a recent 10 day T/A with no port stops early this month I gained 3 lbs and my wife lost 2 lbs. on the ship. It is all about making intelligent choices if you are watching your weight. And just a comment: we avoided desserts too which sounds like an oxymoron on a ship (or were we just morons???)

BTW we had the UBP and got our monies worth too! It is all about knowing what food is really bad and avoiding it however tempting.

I find it easy to follow a healthy diet onboard. All the food is prepared for me.. no chopping veggies, peeling etc and I love salads.

If I over indulge my energy levels fall and I want to feel good at every moment onboard so it is just not worth it to me

I have arrived at a place in life where food is no longer an activity nor entertainment. It is nutrition.. Now this took me 60 years..LOL!!!

That's a winner!!

Now that beverage package on our upcoming cruise might be a problem, lol.

Exactly! I think that second glass of wine has been my downfall. Or maybe it's all the mystery liquids in those brightly-coloured beverages with the fruit on top.