Emerald Princess Stern Staterooms

midlandgas

Hi we are looking at booking a stern cabin on EP , but looking at the photos of the ship the stern seems to be straight up and down and not tiered like other ships , can anyone tell us please if it is slightly stepped and if you are likely to get some good sunshine or are they completely enclosed

Hi we are looking at booking a stern cabin on EP , but looking at the photos of the ship the stern seems to be straight up and down and not tiered like other ships , can anyone tell us please if it is slightly stepped and if you are likely to get some good sunshine or are they completely enclosed

Sun (or shade) coverage depends on the angle of the sun and the direction the ship is traveling in. We've had an aft suite on the Emerald (and sister ship Ruby) and there was sun throughout the day - I had to move my lounger around to find shade.

I agree with midlandgas. Plenty of sun during the morning/early afternoon when heading westbound. Plenty of afternoon sun when heading eastbound.

I liked the straight up and down as it provides more privacy.

I agree with midlandgas. Plenty of sun during the morning/early afternoon when heading westbound. Plenty of afternoon sun when heading eastbound.

I liked the straight up and down as it provides more privacy.

We had aft suite C751 on the Emerald and I was able to sunbathe out there for a good part of the day, while my husband was able to sit on the other side of the balcony in the shade.

I prefer the straight up and down aft. When we had a Royal Family Suite on RCCL it was horrible - we were totally exposed to the people above and those below us were totally exposed to the us and the people above us. Also, there was no escape from the sun sometimes making it so hot that the balcony was often unusable.

Edited by DebJ14

Our cabin was completely covered. We had the corner unit, c753, so it was open on the sides. No, it is not tiered

However, balconies in Emerald decks are slightly narrower than those on Dolphin and Caribe, so even though the balconies look stacked evenly, there is a slight contour which affects balcony depth, but they're not tiered like on celebrity equinox, for example

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk