Latitudes for kids

theloo

Has there been any change for kids recently? We took our first cruise on NCL in May and the kids got Latitudes numbers. I just got our e-docs for our next cruise and it shows my number and status (bronze), but for the kids, it shows N/A and not enrolled. I plan to call tomorrow, but thought I'd check here too.

I know it's only for 18 and over -- which I initially assumed meant they didn't get any point, but recently saw a post that made me think they get previously "earned" points once they turn 18. I didn't see anything in the NCL faq on Latitudes that clarified this.

Curious what others have experienced. This is the first time we are taking our kids with us, and it's a 21 point cruise, so would love for them all to get the points. I know the older two will, but the next one is 18 a few months after the cruise, and the youngest is a few years away.

Hey, kidsncats, we'll be on the Jewel the week after you. We're putting one of our 3 kids in the next room with my in-laws since we got the KSF promo.

That's why we ended up getting the Family suite -- only had to pay port charges and DSC for the 4 "kids", and that was back when the UDP and UBP (soda for 3-6) were also included for the entire party. Really glad now that we snagged it when we did!

Kids earn points from their first cruise even if they are one year old, they don't show up until they are 18. So for instance we are platinum and if all remains the same in a year and a Half when our oldest turns 18 she will automatically be platinum. They just don't get any benefits until then

Not sure about currently, but you were able to create an account for them when they were 14 or 15 on My NCL (I thought it was 15, somebody else mentioned 14 the other day). Ours had their lat #s already which showed on edocs (at least in the past).

However, after logging into their account when they are under 18, and clicking on their latitudes info, it has been going to an "uh-oh...error..." screen for the last 1 1/2 years or so that I've tried. So to get any details it appears you have to contact NCL directly.

While kids do not actually get "credit" for their previous cruises until they turn 18 they most certainly do get assigned a Latitudes number and this number should show up every booking made for them (and the number should not change).

NCL says I must contact Latitudes by email, which I will do. I'm concerned because my eDocs do not show their numbers now. I think the kids' Latitudes numbers showed up on the eDocs for my last cruise. So, I'm not confident that they are tracking it right.

NCL says I must contact Latitudes by email, which I will do. I'm concerned because my eDocs do not show their numbers now. I think the kids' Latitudes numbers showed up on the eDocs for my last cruise. So, I'm not confident that they are tracking it right.

just checked my eDocs its said N/A for my son latitudes number and status is not enrolled. should i call them?

I'd contact them to make sure. I can't tell for our next trip as we are not in the edoc window yet whether our kids #s show up.

My edocs say exactly the same -- prospect on the summary, and N/A in the actual edoc. But, my reservation confirmation email (the attached pdf part) has each of them with an assigned Latitudes number. I'm guessing that once they have actually sailed, then the number will show up, since you don't get any credit until you complete a cruise.

My edocs say exactly the same -- prospect on the summary, and N/A in the actual edoc. But, my reservation confirmation email (the attached pdf part) has each of them with an assigned Latitudes number. I'm guessing that once they have actually sailed, then the number will show up, since you don't get any credit until you complete a cruise.

I checked mine and the pdf confirmation DOES have their Latitudes #. However, mine all sailed in April, so they should have received "credit" for that one already, but there is no way to check.

I checked mine and the pdf confirmation DOES have their Latitudes #. However, mine all sailed in April, so they should have received "credit" for that one already, but there is no way to check.

If they are still under 18, I think that is the norm. I guess, given the new 12 month policy, we need to check with NCL as to how they are handling the kids points moving forward. My middle daughter turns 18 two months after sailing, so she will be easy to get taken care of -- it's the younger one that could fall into a grey area. I just hate to see her lose the points, that would jump her from prospect to silver in one cruise.