Carnival Victory and concert with JOURNEY

manmtnmike

Since there's no roll call about the Victory May 5,2015 4-day cruise, just wondering if anyone else is thinking of this....

We're doing a B2B with Victory's May 9 - sailing 5 day as well...

We saw KANSAS last year in Nassau and it was great! Such an intimate setting.

Mike

Since there's no roll call about the Victory May 5,2015 4-day cruise, just wondering if anyone else is thinking of this....

We're doing a B2B with Victory's May 9 - sailing 5 day as well...

We saw KANSAS last year in Nassau and it was great! Such an intimate setting.

Mike

Have to admit I am really tempted.....love Journey. I bet Kansas was great so many iconic songs.

Saw a journey last summer. We were very disappointed with the show and walked out half way through the show. The singer wasn't good. Steve Perry, Steve Augeri, or Jeff Scott Soto were far better than him.

We can agree there is only one Steve Perry. I have seen Arnel Pineda and while he is not Steve Perry he is much better than Augeri and self worth staying. JMHO

Great!!:D What were the ticket prices?

Thanks!

Mike

This is on the Carnival live page

In a career spanning five decades, Journey has reached amazing heights, earning 19 Top 40 singles, and 25 Gold and Platinum albums. It's not luck - it's persistent, hard work. This endurance laid the groundwork for TV shows like Glee and The Sopranos to make the song Don't Stop Believin' a sensation decades after its original release.

Does Journey sound good to you? Tickets to the show are just $75 ($250 for VIP).

Edited by run2cruise

We got the VIP for $250. We were traveling in an airport and got the email about the cruise/concert. We immediately called our booking agent at Carnival and booked. We were afraid we wouldn't get a good ticket. We've never done the concert cruise before.

Now I need to research the ship!

We are going on the Vista in June.....we are looking forward to that too!

Katy

Then this is probably not the cruise for you.

True enough. I can only think of one older band that has all original members. The vast majority have changes over time. Pineda actually does a pretty good job and I would wager most would not know the difference.

This is on the Carnival live page

In a career spanning five decades, Journey has reached amazing heights, earning 19 Top 40 singles, and 25 Gold and Platinum albums. It's not luck - it's persistent, hard work. This endurance laid the groundwork for TV shows like Glee and The Sopranos to make the song Don't Stop Believin' a sensation decades after its original release.

Does Journey sound good to you? Tickets to the show are just $75 ($250 for VIP).

This almost sounds like a publicist release....;) I love Journey, they def belong in the RRHOF.

We got the VIP for $250. We were traveling in an airport and got the email about the cruise/concert. We immediately called our booking agent at Carnival and booked. We were afraid we wouldn't get a good ticket. We've never done the concert cruise before.

Now I need to research the ship!

We are going on the Vista in June.....we are looking forward to that too!

Katy

Hi Katy,

As with last years Kansas Concert, Carnival Sensation had 2 levels, VIP had the front 4 rows, and then after they're seated gen admission. First come first-first serve...:)

See you there!

Mike

Hi Katy,

As with last years Kansas Concert, Carnival Sensation had 2 levels, VIP had the front 4 rows, and then after they're seated gen admission. First come first-first serve...:)

See you there!

Mike

Was it a free for all when they opened the doors for the general admission? I seem to remember something in the past regarding Diamonds and Plats also?

True enough. I can only think of one older band that has all original members. The vast majority have changes over time. Pineda actually does a pretty good job and I would wager most would not know the difference.

Ok,l'll ask. What is the one band with all original members?

Ok,l'll ask. What is the one band with all original members?

U2 have to be the biggest one going. Aerosmith are back together, and ZZ Top are still out there.

There are many who have lost a member, but still are performing all together, the Rolling Stones being quite notable

Up until a couple years ago, Cheap Trick was still together until Bun E Carlos left (personal favorite).

As for Journey, longtime drummer Steve Smith is back with the band for at least this year! We love Arne Pineda, and think he does a great job trying to replace one of those lead singers who is truly irreplaceable.

U2 have to be the biggest one going. Aerosmith are back together, and ZZ Top are still out there.

There are many who have lost a member, but still are performing all together, the Rolling Stones being quite notable

Up until a couple years ago, Cheap Trick was still together until Bun E Carlos left (personal favorite).

As for Journey, longtime drummer Steve Smith is back with the band for at least this year! We love Arne Pineda, and think he does a great job trying to replace one of those lead singers who is truly irreplaceable.

I believe Poison and Twisted Sister are still together. :)

I believe Poison and Twisted Sister are still together. :)

You guys are stealing my thunder. I originally meant U2, but I think the others mentioned fit as well. Amazing when you think about it and the whole point is that if that is your standard (only original members) you won't be seeing hardly anybody (Kudo's to those that are still together).

I would be willing to wager that the average person could not tell the difference between Steve Perry and Arnel Pineda in most songs. Also as reported Steve Smith has rejoined the band for 2016 for their tour (Deano has other issues and demons to deal with).

Go figure on twisted sister......

Edited by jimbo5544

We saw Journey on Liberty earlier this year. We loved it. We have been to 11 of the Carnival Live concerts and this was our favorite. :) We are hoping that the schedule is not complete, we want to see more next year.

The schedules are changing. KC and the Sunshine Band were just added to our Breeze March 20 '16 cruise, in Cozumel.

Good luck!

- JPO

Most dont realize that people "change" over time due to there age. These bands are 30-40 yrs plus in age and the original members are NOT going to perform and sound the same as they did when the songs first came out. Thats the reason some get replaced by newer younger members and some have life changes that causes them to leave.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be going with my coworker ,I have no doubt this will be a great time,i saw Boston on Sensation the end of August..i had an amazing time with a fun group of passengers we had the best view of the group Tommy came over and shook our hand..come on May!

• 4 weeks later...