Moving an Onboard Booking to Another Travel Agency

twoflyers

Not sure if this is the right venue for this question, but here is my dilemma.

I currently have a cruise reservation on Celebrity which I booked onboard. After booking, I moved it from Celebrity to a travel agency.

Now a different agency is running a very good sale that I would like to take advantage of.

Has anyone on Cruise Critic moved an onboard reservation from one travel agency to another?

not sure how it works with X

sometimes the 1st ta has to sign off on the booking so you can move it

depending how long ago you booked it may be too late to move it to a new TA without the new TA losing their commission ...not many want to work for free

Are you before final payment ?

It may be easier just to cancel & rebook

I'm thinking the same thing. The booking I am looking at is offering the drink package, free gratuities, and lots of OBC. I'm not inclined to jump thru hoops to keep a reservation that I can match with a current offer.

:rolleyes:

Did Celebrity automatically assign the onboard booking to the TA you had used for the cruise you were on, as RCI does? If not, then the fact it was originally an onboard booking is irrelevant. If as you indicate you transferred the booking from X to an independent TA yourself, you are now subject to that TA's contract which very likely contains deadlines and fees for asking them to release the booking totally separate from Celebrity's rules.

As the above poster said you could just cancel and rebook but you would almost certainly lose your cabin plus whatever benefits you received for originally booking onboard (which you may lose anyway by switching promotions, so make sure the new incentives clearly outweigh the old).

ETA: seeing your additional response above--if such a promotion is being offered exclusively by the second TA and not Celebrity you need to find out if it is for new bookings only. Then see if whatever cancellation fees the current TA charges you do not outweigh it (sounds like it won't, but you never know).

Edited by fishywood

Not sure if this is the right venue for this question, but here is my dilemma.

I currently have a cruise reservation on Celebrity which I booked onboard. After booking, I moved it from Celebrity to a travel agency.

Now a different agency is running a very good sale that I would like to take advantage of.

Has anyone on Cruise Critic moved an onboard reservation from one travel agency to another?

The TA that has it currently with has to agree to the move, and if they don't agree there is nothing that you can do, other than cancel and rebook, which will possibly involve penalties and lose of "perks".

Edited by zqvol

OP moved the Onboard Booking to a TA of their choosing .

That TA has to release this booking to another TA .

Fat chance of that .

Unless the TA has done something unprofessional , Celebrity will

not move the booking.

As posted , ask the TA to match the offer ( appears to be a cruise line promo that the TA should be able to refare if not beyond final ).

Failing that , cancel and rebook with the new TA .