FOS vs IOS

dst

We cruised the Independence of the Seas in January; we enjoyed the ship so much that we decided to book the Freedom of the Seas......we booked the same cabin (Grand Suite) so I think the cabins will be very similar.

Which ship is newer?

I am wondering is how different are the ships; is there anything on the FOS that was not on IOS?

Anything we should take advantage of?

Thanks for your help

We cruised the Independence of the Seas in January; we enjoyed the ship so much that we decided to book the Freedom of the Seas......we booked the same cabin (Grand Suite) so I think the cabins will be very similar.

Which ship is newer?

I am wondering is how different are the ships; is there anything on the FOS that was not on IOS?

Anything we should take advantage of?

Thanks for your help

Indy is two years newer, but Freedom has been more recently refurbished. The ships used to be almost identical, but Freedom now has more staterooms and more specialty restaurants. Freedom also has Dreamworks characters.

Indy is two years newer, but Freedom has been more recently refurbished. The ships used to be almost identical, but Freedom now has more staterooms and more specialty restaurants. Freedom also has Dreamworks characters.

Thanks - What specialty restaurants, we normally do one night in the steakhouse and enjoy breakfast in one of the restaurants (on the IOS, it was in the steakhouse)

Is there a charge for DreamWorks - what is it exactly?

Sorry lots of questions

Chops, Giovanni's table and Sabor are the specialty restaurants. Dreamworks is just the character theme and will be incorporated into the parades, the characters like Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and the Madagascar animals will make appearances around the ship. There is no cost for this addition. They do a character breakfast for the kids that they may charge for now. Freedom is a great ship.

Thanks - What specialty restaurants, we normally do one night in the steakhouse and enjoy breakfast in one of the restaurants (on the IOS, it was in the steakhouse)

Is there a charge for DreamWorks - what is it exactly?

Sorry lots of questions

Freedom has Sabor, Independence does not.

The Dreamworks Experience has Dreamworks characters onboard the ship and they'll be at parades, out at certain times for photo ops, and an opportunity for character breakfasts. The only one of these that has a cost, as far as I know, are the character breakfasts.

On Freedom now, and staying in GS. The concierge Rahul is great. We ate at Sabor on first night and is was fantastic! We will be eating at Chops and Giovanni's later this week.

One interesting tidbit, the Dreamworks characters also put in an appearance at the kids club. Shrek and Fiona stopped by yesterday during the afternoon session, and Po will be stopping by tonight for Kung Fu Academy. I am not sure if this is done on every cruise, or just for this Thanksgiving cruise as we are loaded with kids (including ours). I have never seen this mentioned before, so thought I would mention it.

If Indy does not have Sabor, does that mean that it still has the nightclub?

On Freedom now, and staying in GS. The concierge Rahul is great. We ate at Sabor on first night and is was fantastic! We will be eating at Chops and Giovanni's later this week.

One interesting tidbit, the Dreamworks characters also put in an appearance at the kids club. Shrek and Fiona stopped by yesterday during the afternoon session, and Po will be stopping by tonight for Kung Fu Academy. I am not sure if this is done on every cruise, or just for this Thanksgiving cruise as we are loaded with kids (including ours). I have never seen this mentioned before, so thought I would mention it.

If Indy does not have Sabor, does that mean that it still has the nightclub?

Thanks - great info

Yes Indy has the nightclub, enjoyed it when we were on her in January

Can I ask a silly question, what type of food is Sabor - we may try that

Correct me if this is wrong, but I've read that Independence doesn't have the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines that Freedom has.

Why do I remember using those with our beverage package.......maybe they added them?

Could you be remembering a cruise on Freedom?

Haven't sailed Freedom yet - we go the cup ......but now that I think of it, we went to the bar for beverages - we don't drink a lot of soda (unless there is rum with it) so I cant be certain