When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

I think you have hit on the crux of the matter. In the grand scheme of things, the Margaritaville issue is insignificant. BUT its beginning to speak to a larger way of doing business that has people concerned as to what else may be coming down the pike and how much they can depend on the brand which is a big big issue.

The more I see, the more I realize the M'ville changes are a symptom of a larger problem...

Exactly. Unfortunately not all posters here see that and think that our complaining is silly.

The bigger picture is what's important here not a free hamburger

I think part of the issue is that the complaints are not about the bigger picture in most cases and focus on the M'Ville issue so things look petty.

Exactly. Unfortunately not all posters here see that and think that our complaining is silly.

The bigger picture is what's important here not a free hamburger

You just had to throw in an insult didn't you? Shows more about you as a person that does Me thank you.

Your the one who posted the video. Your sign off was impressive!

If your going to post a crappy video you need to tough!

Edited by Laszlo

see lots of open deck chairs. One problem is officially solved

Nope. The ship didn't sail full

Wait until it's at 110% capacity

perhaps you you should have mentioned that in your video.

your theory that the problem is officially solved loses credibility because you left out a significant fact

I on the other hand would have started the video specifically saying that the ship was not sailing full and that the numerous empty deck chairs are more than likely not representative of a fully booked over capacity cruise. But then again I wouldn't upload a video to YouTube for the world to see

The devil is in the details Mot....you must know that since you deal with patients

I think part of the issue is that the complaints are not about the bigger picture in most cases and focus on the M'Ville issue so things look petty.

To be fair, if someone does point out the big picture, there's often someone waiting in the wings with the reliable straw-man: "you're really going to let a burger (room service charge, a la carte menu, no prime rib, increased service charges, shortened port hours, no fireworks, etc) ruin your cruise?!"

You just had to throw in an insult didn't you? Shows more about you as a person that does Me thank you.

That's not an insult.

It's instructional. Turn phone 90 degrees and you get full screen video

Why do you flip out on people just for commenting? It wasn't a negative comment

Yes they do look petty but it does seem to be a symptom of a larger issue at Ncl

Issue being....horrible communication....poor planning and knee jerk reactions to solve their poor planning and horrible communication. Lol

Oh and the overall inconsiderate attitude they seem to have toward what they offered the pax initially...which enticed the pax to book no doubt....and what they deliver to the pax once the are a "captive audience" ...as fdr calls the pax once they are on board

Didn't he say something about charging whatever he wanted for soda because pax have no choice once at sea?

see lots of open deck chairs. One problem is officially solved

What time of day and where was this, in port or at sea? looks like its in Nassau, weren't most people off the ship?

the pool area looks even smaller than I thought. Less impressed with this area than I thought.

thanks for the video.

Edited by rg24601

Video's in that format are difficult to see well. Makes the video seem less impressive. the pool area did seem very unimpressive in your video. perhaps a different video would show it differently?

Reading your post just made me book a trip to Vegas. I try to go every year during the NCAA bball tourney, but I was going to take 2016 off. All it took was a post saying "Vegas" and I'm booked. Haha

I go for sweet 16 every year. The classic Cesar's sports book is the best with an outstanding bloody mary

This sounds far more sensible to me too.

The amount of "knee jerk" reactional changes made make it clear that they really have no idea what they are doing or where they are going. I sit on several Board of Directors, and if I saw that happening in any of those companies, it would be a major red flag.

How about taking the time to plan properly, look at what you have, and what you need and review it, discuss it, prepare your customers for the changes, and put it into action.

The initial rule of not allowing people to bring food back to the their cabins was due to FDR seeing some plates in the hallway. His immediate reaction was to penalize the passengers, and implement it immediately with no warning. Where was the planning committee, to review the options and determine that it would be a marketing nightmare since it happened in conjunction with instituting a fee for room service. No, instead they just did it and then had to reverse it due to backlash in the media.

Here we are again. Margaritaville, as a brand new venue that they've been advertising for a year, does as planned and attracts people to eat there. No planning for crowds, the actual physical set up of where they put the check in kiosk means anyone waiting is a) outside and b) on the jogging track, which is dangerous, and the solution to this is to immediately go to $6.99 a burger? Where was the planning committee for this one? How about reviewing other options like slight menu reduction or a couple of more staff, or extending the hours, or requiring reservations.

It just shows that they are not taking the time to think things through. Being reactive instead of proactive in dealing with challenges, and in the meantime, annoying their customer base over and over.

Suite cruiser...we must have been separated at birth! Lol

Your post is incredibly logical and obviously written by someone who u dear stands business.

I'm a consultant and an adjunct college business prof and you and I both know you are spot on!!!!!

Suite cruiser...we must have been separated at birth! Lol

Your post is incredibly logical and obviously written by someone who u dear stands business.

I'm a consultant and an adjunct college business prof and you and I both know you are spot on!!!!!

Thanks :) I agree, I totally relate to what you post as well. I do find it frustrating when I see that there is a better way. I also love NCL, so really hope they figure it out.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Thanks :) I agree, I totally relate to what you post as well. I do find it frustrating when I see that there is a better way. I also love NCL, so really hope they figure it out.

I u dear stand business too! ;)

Whatever they do I really hope Margaritaville does not go back to being free. Those lines really do get annoying.

Whatever they do I really hope Margaritaville does not go back to being free. Those lines really do get annoying.

They could EASILY eliminate the lines and keep the restaurant free. Why isn't this a problem on Carnival or Princess or HAL?

Why didn't you have your butler get you the food? No reason you would have had to be in a line at all.

I don't know why people here think you are a doctor.

Prolonging the myth only diminishes your credibility.

Was there a 2 hour long line that people were standing it? I feel like you just want to play devil's advocate because its fun.

They could EASILY eliminate the lines and keep the restaurant free. Why isn't this a problem on Carnival or Princess or HAL?

Why didn't you have your butler get you the food? No reason you would have had to be in a line at all.

I don't know why people here think you are a doctor.

Prolonging the myth only diminishes your credibility.

No one here thinks he's a doctor LOL it is all said tongue in cheek . They know the truth ;)

Was there a 2 hour long line that people were standing it? I feel like you just want to play devil's advocate because its fun.

Right?

Even if NCL could make it so there was no wait time, or minimal wait time, he will still say he would prefer the pay option just to continue arguing. And NCL most certainly could keep it free, as they advertised, and make wait times minimal.

You think THIS fee is stupid? Give it a YEAR. Wait to see what kind of ridiculous fees they have onboard. A year ago you'd be laughed off the forum if you suggested a quick service hamburger would be $7 on a ship. Next year no one will be laughing at the MDR packages...

Yep (for the record, none of those should ruin a cruise in individuality. Collectively I can start to see the issue..

To be fair, if someone does point out the big picture, there's often someone waiting in the wings with the reliable straw-man: "you're really going to let a burger (room service charge, a la carte menu, no prime rib, increased service charges, shortened port hours, no fireworks, etc) ruin your cruise?!"