When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

Yep, that's their version of the substantive/non-substantive clauses in US to allow it.

EU has many more protections than US in native form, but its still possible to sign them away in a contract. Can do another dissertation on statutory versus consensual protections if needed..

The only difference the EU contract has, legally, from what I can tell is you might be able to use the change as a basis for cancellation after final payment without a loss of fee.

Found what you were referring to, I believe...

http://www.ncl.eu/helpful-information/faqs/#!/helpful-information/booking-conditions/booking-conditions-2015-16/

Individual service changes and deviations from the contractual contents of the travel contract, which become necessary after conclusion of contract and which were brought about contrary to good faith on behalf of Norwegian are permitted so far as the changes and deviations are not considerable and do not impair the overall form of the holiday. The overall form of the holiday is considered impaired if its value or quality as implied by the customary use or the use as stipulated by the contract is made void or to a substantial degree diminished. This is determined taking into account the price, duration and date of travel. Norwegian is obliged to inform passengers of possible changes. The changed services replace the original contractual obligation

If you read NCL's Guest Ticket Contract, you'll realize we're all getting WAY MORE than what we paid for, and agreed to. Life would be a lot easier if everyone could comprehend this reality.

This should have been a two post thread.

exactly

If you don't like the buffet, then your lunch option in port is O'Sheehan's, and that crowd will now be lining up there.

Why didn't they go to a reservation system first? That would have been easy and appeased most people. Or add on a $5 cover as well, if the reservation system didn't work on its own. How about extendeing the hours?

I agree with you, and quite frankly we didn't even have a problem waiting 90 minutes with the pager system, since it reached across the entire ship. There was no reason to sit and wait, just get your pager and go have fun until you are paged. Either option works for us.

We don't pay extra for food and we like the buffet, but it was still a great option for us. I mean seriously has anyone else tried the nachos at O'Sheehans?? Terrible!!

And at sea you only add the mdr, and not all of them, correct. That's not many free places at all. Everything else is pay, correct?

They agree to feed you. They don't say what, or in how many different venues.

That's all flexible.

I mean seriously has anyone else tried the nachos at O'Sheehans?? Terrible!!

I tried to try the nachos once on the Breakaway, only to find out that the late night dining menu was in effect. You know what's worse than O'SheeWhos nachos? The plate of dry tortilla chips that were offered by the server.

I gotta say... UBP combined with limited late night dining options is a frightening combination. I debated swimming to shore.

They agree to feed you. They don't say what, or in how many different venues.

That's all flexible.

I guess that's an acceptable response to some willing to be inconvenienced waiting in line at o shehans or the mdr.

Bully for NCL and their use of legal jargon.

I tried to try the nachos once on the Breakaway, only to find out that the late night dining menu was in effect. You know what's worse than O'SheeWhos nachos? The plate of dry tortilla chips that were offered by the server.

I gotta say... UBP combined with limited late night dining options is a frightening combination. I debated swimming to shore.

Ha ha! Well you were not missing much, when movie theater nachos are a step up from O'Sheehans.

I understand the frustration of the bait and switch and that is basically what this is. Will NCL change it again after all the uproar? Maybe, maybe not but I personally am not going to let a simple $6.99 hamburger charge ruin my vacation. Its cheaper than most sit down restaurants: ie Red Robin, Applebee's, even land Margaritaville's. This does NOT make me a food elitist as I saw one person say on here. Let's not forget that not too terribly long ago on cruises, you had two options for all meals, the MDR and the buffet. If you want the real Margaritaville experience, go visit it on Nassau. The ship venue is a Margaritaville in name only. As for those saying that the buffet burger is better...its the same burger.

I'm amazed so many are willing to just take what a corporation shovels them. And then defends them hiding behind legalities.

Me too. And then being told we are "whining". I am afraid what will be next in the three weeks we have leading up to our cruise.

I understand the frustration of the bait and switch and that is basically what this is. Will NCL change it again after all the uproar? Maybe, maybe not but I personally am not going to let a simple $6.99 hamburger charge ruin my vacation. Its cheaper than most sit down restaurants: ie Red Robin, Applebee's, even land Margaritaville's. This does NOT make me a food elitist as I saw one person say on here. Let's not forget that not too terribly long ago on cruises, you had two options for all meals, the MDR and the buffet. If you want the real Margaritaville experience, go visit it on Nassau. The ship venue is a Margaritaville in name only. As for those saying that the buffet burger is better...its the same burger.

The food in Margaritaville isn't the same as the other parts of the ship. I did have some of the nachos (we all shared) and they were a billion times better than the horrible ones they serve in O'Sheehan's (and yes, that's a precise number ;). The fish tacos in Food Republic were the only thing I didn't like from that venue, but the ones in Margaritaville were really great. The burgers are topped totally differently, and are bigger in Margaritaville, so I don't think you can say they are the same as the buffet burgers.

+ Poolside and BBQ

We were on the 11/14 sailing and there was no food or BBQ poolside. Only complimentary lunch options were M'ville, which we were only able to eat at once, O'Sheehan's which may be the worst bar food I've had in ages, the buffet, which was hit or miss and Taste/Savor MDRs which both served the same menu every day in both locations and took over 90 minutes just to have lunch.

We were on the 11/14 sailing and there was no food or BBQ poolside. Only complimentary lunch options were M'ville, which we were only able to eat at once, O'Sheehan's which may be the worst bar food I've had in ages, the buffet, which was hit or miss and Taste/Savor MDRs which both served the same menu every day in both locations and took over 90 minutes just to have lunch.

My bad, I assumed BBQ was standard on all NCL ships

Uh oh facts on the ground seem to suggest not many options for lunch.