Star

hutt

Good luck to those going out on Sun. Hope this fixes the problem! We are on her in Jan. and hope it is good then.

It is the Star that has been having the Azipod troubles since after the first dry dock -back in late March. And as mentioned earlier in this thread and also been mentioned on another site by passengers on board, the Captain believes it is a bearing issue that is causing all the problems (not sure if it's the Captain who worked that out, or he is just reporting the problem to the passengers, after discussion with the engineers-me just predicting), so the Star is coming back early again so they can fix it.

The Sun -according to someone who is writing a live report seems to be sailing with no problems-which is good for me as I'm on board in January too!

It is the Star that has been having the Azipod troubles since after the first dry dock -back in late March. And as mentioned earlier in this thread and also been mentioned on another site by passengers on board, the Captain believes it is a bearing issue that is causing all the problems (not sure if it's the Captain who worked that out, or he is just reporting the problem to the passengers, after discussion with the engineers-me just predicting), so the Star is coming back early again so they can fix it.

The Sun -according to someone who is writing a live report seems to be sailing with no problems-which is good for me as I'm on board in January too!

I think the poster you have quoted was saying; "Good luck to those going out on Sunday".

They were not saying 'Good luck to those going out on the Sun.'

I did read it that way myself at first but when I re-read it I understood the true meaning. :)

Rochelle

I think the poster you have quoted was saying; "Good luck to those going out on Sunday".

They were not saying 'Good luck to those going out on the Sun.'

I did read it that way myself at first but when I re-read it I understood the true meaning. :)

Rochelle

Thanks for the clarification-I guess at the moment I'm 'Sun' obsessed as that's my next cruise!

I just checked in and the star changed their schedule. They are leaving tomorrow morning and doing the ports in reverse order. This cruise is not starting on the right foot.

Very sorry for you. They knew there was a problem and somehow should of handled it better. Hope the rest of the trip is great

Safe sailing

Just off the Star and not soon enough. This ship has multi-problems. Start with the plumbing, no cabin water one day for short time (in the shower at that time) Balcony drain putting more water on the balcony like Old Faithful. Food..repeats with different names. If you have a bev package..you will pay tax because you either did not leave on time or returned early (12 hours) at pier. Therma Spa package..be careful. Purchased week deal and 3 days of that week, the windows where being replaced (noise of saws,drills & glue) with very limited lounges and forget the Relaxation rooms. Asked for refund, would only give 2 days at the daily rate not entire week rate. First and last NCL cruise. Good luck to the folks that are suppose to leave 11/29, rumor is you are staying at the pier until tomorrow.:mad:

Onboard having lunch in Cagneys. Confirmed scheduled departure tomorrow 4am. See copy of letter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygyrhy4qdqjtx39/File%20Nov%2029%2C%2012%2016%2006%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

So sorry to hear this happened! So what did they give you to compensate leaving a day late? We are sailing 12/6 hope everything is fixed then!

Coming in on the Star now to Tampa. Captain told us the are planning a 30 hour window to replace a bearing in one Azapod motor. They believe the bad bearing is causing the seal failures.

Since the Star has the older Azipod V model, I don't think they can change a bearing. This was the biggest improvement in the Azipod XO model, which was only put into production a few years ago. This is the reason the Star had problems in Hawaii when she lost a pod and couldn't make the trip to Fanning Island as required by the PVSA. It took several months before she could get a drydock berth to repair the pod.

They may be inspecting or testing a bearing to see if that could be the problem, but even this is one of the radial roller bearings, and wouldn't be replaceable in the water.

Edited by chengkp75

Don't hold your breath on comps. We left Cozumel on hauled all night on very rough seas to be told the next morning we would be getting to Tampa 8-9pm so we could sit at the pier until the next morning. No Comps for last night on the sea party night. We parked at the pier with everything closed and charged taxes for what ever you could be charged for.

So sorry to hear this happened! So what did they give you to compensate leaving a day late? We are sailing 12/6 hope everything is fixed then!

You won't get anything....you're paying to be on a ship, and that is what they are providing. If you miss a port of call you'll get your port fees refunded.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Lots of good people on this cruise, updates are posted on a regular basis.

Linda and Lou

No matter how bad, any day on a cruise beats working!

Yeah. we were on this cruise as well and overall it was just ok. Had plumbing issues in room and there was a raw sewage smell thru-out the ship at different times during this trip. Mixed reviews on food and service. I thought the main shows were sub-par and entertainment overall was lacking.