FLL Post-Cruise Options- Party of 6 with kids, 2:55pm flight

I'm looking for some good suggestions as to what to do with my family of 6 after departing from Allure and before our 2:55 pm flight back home.

We currently have a transfer booked to pick us up at port at 10:45 and then take us to the airport. However, by all accounts it appears that we will be off earlier than that and have lots of waiting at the port and then lots of waiting at the airport.

I need help with some better suggestions. I know that the ship has some tours available. However, we are staying at the Hilton Beach Resort for 3 nights before the cruise, and will during that time see Las Olas. We have dinner reservations at Coconuts one night, and booked an inter-coastal waterway boat tour with "Gondola boat tour." So, would the tour through the ship largely be retread?

I also noticed an Everglades tour. We will NOT be visiting the everglades pre-cruise, and thought the kids might enjoy this so perhaps this is an option? But then I read the reviews.... not very good.

Any other ideas for passing the day? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

I have done the Everglades boat tour twice - different the two times - and enjoyed both. I think that your kids would love it. It solves the transportation problem, the luggage problem and the time-killing problem all in one fell swoop.

:)

The Everglades tour does look intriguing. However, some bad reviews scared me away. Good to hear not everyone had a bad experience. Anyone else have experience with this tour? I just checked RCC's website. Only 2 stars out of 5 after 10 reviews. Yikes! Also, it would be more than $300 for everyone. Our transfer is only $60...

I saw your Allure review- $20 per person for RCI to take the luggage ($120 total)? Per person or suitcase? Then how much for a taxi trip somewhere and then back to the airport? $18 each way- but with 6, might need more than one cab?

Mall would be okay, but we aren't big shoppers- the kids would beg for stuff, but if we found a restaurant, might still be better than sitting at port and airport?

Edited by spazzyjanet

The Everglades tour does look intriguing. However, some bad reviews scared me away. Good to hear not everyone had a bad experience. Anyone else have experience with this tour? I just checked RCC's website. Only 2 stars out of 5 after 10 reviews. Yikes! Also, it would be more than $300 for everyone. Our transfer is only $60...

I saw your Allure review- $20 per person for RCI to take the luggage ($120 total)? Per person or suitcase? Then how much for a taxi trip somewhere and then back to the airport? $18 each way- but with 6, might need more than one cab?

Mall would be okay, but we aren't big shoppers- the kids would beg for stuff, but if we found a restaurant, might still be better than sitting at port and airport?

Carrie B

JUNGLE queen

WATER taxi

You'd have to put a loaded gun to my head to make me ever return to Sawgrass Mills. Just a plain old mall.