Better? - Rhodes & Sicily or Bodrum & Chania?

jacksprat36

Looking at Reflection out of Rome. 2 trips next summer almost identical except one is 10 days and the other is 11. The ports of call are the same except the 10 day goes to Rhodes and Sicily. The 11 day goes to Bodrum, Chania, and an extra day in Athens. I am travelling with my teenage daughters and husband.

The price is similar. Would be interested in hearing what the community says about these 4 ports of call.

Thanks in advance!

We just spent 12 unexpected days in Rhodes and it is a wond"erful port of call, the old city is fascinating and the beaches are beautiful. Chania is somewhat interesting but not nearly as fun as Rhodes in my opinion. I love Sicily, Taormina is beautiful. Not a big fan of Athens.

Looking at Reflection out of Rome. 2 trips next summer almost identical except one is 10 days and the other is 11. The ports of call are the same except the 10 day goes to Rhodes and Sicily. The 11 day goes to Bodrum, Chania, and an extra day in Athens. I am travelling with my teenage daughters and husband.

The price is similar. Would be interested in hearing what the community says about these 4 ports of call.

Thanks in advance!

I would take the extra day in Athens... we had only one day there, did Rick Steves' Athens city walk in the morning, & the Agora & Acropolis in the afternoon, there was not time to visit the New Acropolis Museum, which would have been great if we'd had a second day... Sicily is not my favorite place... others will disagree, I haven't been to Bodrum or Rhodes yet. :)

We just spent 12 unexpected days in Rhodes and it is a wond"erful port of call, the old city is fascinating and the beaches are beautiful. Chania is somewhat interesting but not nearly as fun as Rhodes in my opinion. I love Sicily, Taormina is beautiful. Not a big fan of Athens.

I will have to say for me Taormina is one of the most beautiful towns I have been to in the world. Rhodes is very nice.

Chania does have a small quaint Venetian area at the water front. Athens is nice to see, but not for 2 days.

My vote is is for the 10 day going to Rhodes and Sicily.

We are doing the 11 day on August 8th. We are also travelling with our two teenagers. I am really looking forward to our pre cruise in Rome and will just enjoy the cruise as it becomes. I have a feeling, our cruise may still change as the months go on. My preference was based on days at sea and days on the ship. We have not been to any of the ports, besides Rome. Our daughter did Greece with her highschool, but my husband, son and i have not.

While I really like Athens, for many people one day seems to be enough.

I'd vote for Rhodes and Sicily (but which port? there are several...) over Chania and Bodrum. The later two places are sort of "small beans", nice if you've already seen most of the Med but to me nothing special.

Been to all four of of ports. I love Rhodes and been there twice. Went to Lindos by bus the second time. I also loved Crete port of call. We went up into the mountains to a small town for walking tour, then to old monastery and olive groves, a history museum, lunch and then two hours of free time in Chania. Your daughters will love the shoppping in Rhodes and Chania.

When we were in Athens we also took a tour to Corinth and the Corinth canal

Our port in Scily was Messina. We took a trip ot Tendari and then walked around Messina. You are right at the pier and a easy walk inot Messina. Same with Bodrum.

As Cruisemom said, if you have not been to any of these ports then Rhodes beats out Bodrum by far.

Edited by Azulann

Thanks in advance!

I like Bodrum and Chania...and extra sailing day for the same price:)

Another vote for Rhodes and Sicily, even though I'd always prefer a 11N cruise over a 10N cruise.

We've been to Rhodes twice and we absolutely loved it. The old town is within walking distance of where the ship docks. And if Sicily stop is in Messina, then I wouldn't even think twice. The trip to Taormina is amazing and DW and I are waiting to go back.

Med cruises are the best!

Another vote for Rhodes and Sicily, even though I'd always prefer a 11N cruise over a 10N cruise.

We've been to Rhodes twice and we absolutely loved it. The old town is within walking distance of where the ship docks. And if Sicily stop is in Messina, then I wouldn't even think twice. The trip to Taormina is amazing and DW and I are waiting to go back. Med cruises are the best!

Ditto to everything nekzaadvakil just said. I would always tend to select an 11 night cruise over a 10 night given similar itineraries, but not in this case. I would go with Sicily (for Taormina) and Rhodes in a heart beat. Love them both.