On Freedom right now...

dreday3

Hi all!

I have 300 posts with no cruises under my belt because I ask a lot of questions. ;)

The vibration isn't everywhere, even on the same floor. But our cabin, 7364, it was kind of bad. We have video of my stuff vibrating like crazy. I would just know for next time not to book a room in this area, hard to sleep when you feel your head vibrating on the pillow. :D

As for wind, sorry, but it was crazy windy until we left St. Martin. Thursday night was first night we were allowed on the helipad, closed until then. And we were able to really enjoy the top decks yesterday, great sea day. :) I still feel the waves, things moving and swaying, but it's okay. I did speak with others who said "oh usually you don't feel anything", but not sure I believe them, ha! :)

Bartenders were amazing. Steward amazing. Waiters amazing.

I think we may enjoy a Western cruise next time with more ports. I loved our port days.:)

I know it won't be any consolation to you, but the Freedom does not usually move around this much. I am on deck 7 on the port side opposite your cabin. In my experience this has been an unusually rocky cruise. I have sailed on the Freedom over 30 times and this has been one of the rockiest I have experienced on the Freedom. Ships in the Freedom and Oasis class usually provide pretty smooth sailing, this has just been an exception to the rule. One caveat though, it really has not been too bad. It would be much worse on a smaller ship.

I know it won't be any consolation to you, but the Freedom does not usually move around this much. I am on deck 7 on the port side opposite your cabin. In my experience this has been an unusually rocky cruise. I have sailed on the Freedom over 30 times and this has been one of the rockiest I have experienced on the Freedom. Ships in the Freedom and Oasis class usually provide pretty smooth sailing, this has just been an exception to the rule. One caveat though, it really has not been too bad. It would be much worse on a smaller ship.

Thanks! I'm sitting in my cabin right now having some wine, debating if we will go to main dining room for dinner. My hangars were clanking so I put them on the shelves. :D I will put back tomorrow.

One good thing, I don't feel sick. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse..... (famous last words....:D)

I suppose the brightside is that the thing I feared most is actually happening right now, so my odds just got a million times better for having a smoother cruise next time!

Edited by dreday3

Usually you can get free Bonine in the med clinic. I tend to take these as a preventative. It seems to take the edge off even if I'm not sick when the ship is rocking a lot. Most ships keep them on the lowest level and a grab and go jar.

We've sailed on the Freedom 3 times, and she does like to vibrate. The worst was our most recent in March of 2015, but that was right before she was due to have some major repair work done on something I don't remember the name of. We were on deck 7 midship, starboard, and it was very noticeable.

Edited by Mama24

OMG Brings back memories when we sailed the Freedom in suite 1568 two years in a row.

Not only did the cabin shake (celing), but the slider door rattled too.

Guess somethings never change.

Loved the Freedom though.

Safe travels.

I was on the same cruise as the OP. I too noticed the vibration whilst at dinner in Issac's but not in our cabin which was deck 9 midships, port side.

Could it have been just a combination of the way the sea and wind were running causing a bit of prop rumble?

It was a little choppy for a couple of days but overall a great cruise.