Yes I went "Best" and you betcha I have a question!!

trvldog

OK, Yes I really did try to find the answer before posting. I even tried calling Celebrity but hold time was over 30 minutes and had to give up.

I booked 4 cabins this last weekend and we all did the "Go Best" add-on for everyone. Since this is only my 2nd time on Celebrity and the other 7 in my group have never sailed on Celebrity, we are newbies to the beverage package. I have never bothered to purchase it on the other lines we have sailed on. We did it this time since the $313.00 we thought was a great deal for us since it included the other 3 options also.

Question is : Is there a limit to how many drinks or total cost you can do each day with the Premium package on Go Best? I know it is for drinks up to $13.00 but my question is, during the course of a day if I order several bottled waters, a few specialty coffees, a few beers, maybe a soda or 2, and during the evening a few other more expensive drinks is their a time they say "Sorry you have reached the $ limit for the day?"

Now before anyone starts saying I'm on a drunk fest or something we are not a drunk party group. It just seemed weird that the "chat person" on Celebrity website said you can only have up to $65.00 per day in cost of beverages each day. If that is true than while the heck would anyone purchase it? Is the "Chat person" wrong or is there a ceiling on $ each day. And yes I completely understand/agree if someone gets to drunk they should cut them off.

Any help/answer is appreciated

OK, Yes I really did try to find the answer before posting. I even tried calling Celebrity but hold time was over 30 minutes and had to give up.

I booked 4 cabins this last weekend and we all did the "Go Best" add-on for everyone. Since this is only my 2nd time on Celebrity and the other 7 in my group have never sailed on Celebrity, we are newbies to the beverage package. I have never bothered to purchase it on the other lines we have sailed on. We did it this time since the $313.00 we thought was a great deal for us since it included the other 3 options also.

Question is : Is there a limit to how many drinks or total cost you can do each day with the Premium package on Go Best? I know it is for drinks up to $13.00 but my question is, during the course of a day if I order several bottled waters, a few specialty coffees, a few beers, maybe a soda or 2, and during the evening a few other more expensive drinks is their a time they say "Sorry you have reached the $ limit for the day?"

Now before anyone starts saying I'm on a drunk fest or something we are not a drunk party group. It just seemed weird that the "chat person" on Celebrity website said you can only have up to $65.00 per day in cost of beverages each day. If that is true than while the heck would anyone purchase it? Is the "Chat person" wrong or is there a ceiling on $ each day. And yes I completely understand/agree if someone gets to drunk they should cut them off.

Totally incorrect. There is no limit on beverages purchased, otherwise why would you get it? The only limitations are that you can only buy one drink at a time with one card and the $13 price ceiling. Anything costing more than $13 you pay only the difference with the premium package.

THANK YOU!

That is exactly what I thought to "why bother to purchase"

I think the Celebrity chat lady did not have her coffee or something. Then I started questioning it that maybe the "go best" version had a limit or different rules to just purchasing it. She got me all confused!! :p

For the ultimate in value and convenience, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers, as well as; Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. In addition, with the Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Plus, our premium package includes all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package.

Is there a limit to how many drinks or total cost you can do each day with the Premium package on Go Best? There is no limit to the number of drinks or total cost you can order each day. The Premium package allows drinks up to $13.

The standard cost of the Premium Beverage Package is $65 per day per guest plus 18% gratuity.

I do not know the qualifications to become a "chat person", but I have gotten bad information several times. The best "chat" person is on these boards!

Edited by JMG

The limit is at the discretion of the bar staff. If you seem to be to intoxicated can refuse to serve you anymore . That is still the same even if you didn't have a package.

I do not know the qualifications to become a "chat person", but I have gotten bad information several times. The best "chat" person is on these boards!

some if not many of the chat folks ARE on these boards...eg. cle guy.

Yes, not a silly question at all. The limit for Carnival's Cheers is 15 drinks in a 24 hour period (resets at 6:00 AM).

I've actually seen a person cut off at 4 PM!

It's not a silly question. Carnival DOES have a limit. I forget what it is except it's ridiculously high, but there IS one.

Celebrity "Official" quoted from their website:

For the ultimate in value and convenience, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers, as well as; Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. In addition, with the Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Plus, our premium package includes all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package.

Is there a limit to how many drinks or total cost you can do each day with the Premium package on Go Best? There is no limit to the number of drinks or total cost you can order each day. The Premium package allows drinks up to $13.

The standard cost of the Premium Beverage Package is $65 per day per guest plus 18% gratuity.

(End quote)

That first quoted sentence is confusing. Aside from the poor punctuation, it reads as if you can choose any beer, regardless of price, and that the $13 price limit is for spirits, cocktails and wine. In answering the second question, Celebrity says that it allows drinks up to $13, and in practice, I have found that beer covered in the package is limited to $13.

If beer in the package is really limited to $13, why do they write "enjoy our entire selection of beer, as well as . . ." ? Heck, I can enjoy their entire selection of wine too, as long as I limit it to $13 (or pay the difference).

If I really can enjoy any beer and it is covered by the Premium package, I'd like to know. And let the bar servers know, too.

Phil

No limits. If u have same experience we had you will start out cruise thinking, wow...I'm going to show them how I get my money's worth..and end cruise saying, wow...I thought I could keep,the pace up, but failed!!!

Have great cruise.

Oh if I had to pay the $65.00 a day, no way would I get my $$ worth. I do not drink near enough. However taking the Go Best add on for just $315.00, after you minus out tips and the 150 cabin credit just leaves $75.00 for the drink package & internet so I will be able to get my $$ worth for that amount :)

Edited by trvldog

If you are new to the Celebrity drink packages, one important distiction between the Classic and Premium Alcohol Beverage packages, aside from the difference in price cap on the individual beverages, is how overages are handled. With the Classic Package you pay the entire cost of the drink if it is over the cap. With the Premium Package you pay only the difference.

Our last cruise was before the Big,Better,Best kicked in but we did pay the difference to upgrade the included Classic Package to Premium because it was worth it to us to not have to worry about it.

"Go Best" gets you the upgrade to premium over the classic pkg included in "Go Big" as well as the other 3 perks. Just depends on what your needs are.

I forget why we bought our first Premium package, but it must have been a very good deal. We are not big drinkers, but enjoy a good glass of wine. Turned out it was a great deal. When you start adding up the specialty coffees, upgraded bottled water with all meals, great wine, and the ability to try top shelf scotch, rum and anything else you want... We're still not big drinkers, but the package really pays for itself.

Judy

The standard cost of the Premium Beverage Package is $65 per day per guest plus 18% gratuity

When was this added to the cost of the package? It's been over a year since I purchased the premium package as an upgrade from the classic and at that time I do not recall paying anything other than the upgrade difference. I believe that the grats were included in the cost of the package but I could be remembering wrong.

Just came off the Reflection. There is NO daily limit on how many drinks you can have with the package...Woo hoo:D

The standard cost of the Premium Beverage Package is $65 per day per guest plus 18% gratuity

When was this added to the cost of the package? It's been over a year since I purchased the premium package as an upgrade from the classic and at that time I do not recall paying anything other than the upgrade difference. I believe that the grats were included in the cost of the package but I could be remembering wrong.

Are tips/gratuities added at your expense if you have the BEST package?