CL Food Choices?

Garavar

How are the appetizers chosen for the concierge lounge on ships?

More specifically why do they differ so much from ship to ship?

As an example when we were on Enchantment the appetizers consisted of warm options like meatballs, pig in blanket etc. But on Adventure its always some cheese, crackers with lox and some fruit, nothing hot. Why?

As an example when we were on Enchantment the appetizers consisted of warm options like meatballs, pig in blanket etc. But on Adventure its always some cheese, crackers with lox and some fruit, nothing hot. Why?

I've never seen a CL (including 6 different cruises on Adventure) without hot appetizers during evening cocktail hour. Something must have been wrong that trip.

I've never seen a CL (including 6 different cruises on Adventure) without hot appetizers during evening cocktail hour. Something must have been wrong that trip.

Well that is disappointing to hear. I thought maybe it was just certain ships. Ill have to ask Dionne because I have been spending very little time in the lounge because of the minimal "snacks"

Spoke with one of the CL servers. He said that the "USDA shut them down" he said they found that the place for food was unsafe. He also said in the April 2016 dry dock they are planning to build a new area in the lounge for food.

So if anyone is doing a suite on Adventure there will be no warm food until at least April.

Spoke with one of the CL servers. He said that the "USDA shut them down" he said they found that the place for food was unsafe. He also said in the April 2016 dry dock they are planning to build a new area in the lounge for food.

So if anyone is doing a suite on Adventure there will be no warm food until at least April.

Wow! That is sad as we were on AD in Sept and had some of the best warm snacks ever in any CL. Wonder about the Diamond Lounge as it was built for a hot food set up? I don't really see any difference in AD's hot food "chafing dish" setup and that of other ships. Very interesting. However, the AD dry dock isn't until Oct 2016....so if there is no hot food until dry dock...that is a long time.

Interesting. I would expect that to impact other ships with the same type of CL, such as the other Voyager anf Freedom class ships.

Does the "USDA" even have authority over ships? On land it's usually the heath dept. involved in food inspection & safety issues...

It's the US Public Health service that inspects the ships.

Edited by clarea

We were on Adventure last month. There were hot appetizers every evening such as chicken wings, breaded shrimp, pigs in a blanket, etc.. They were up by Dionne"s desk and not in the back of the CL with the other snacks.

It's the US Public Health service that inspects the ships.

He may have said USPH, he had an accent, I heard USDA though.

There is still warm food in the DL. Just not in CL because of the inspector shutting them down