Is there any way to get Latitudes ship pins?

jmcookiemonster25

Keep checking back frequently the market is very fluid and if needing more

than one from the same seller ASQ (Ask Seller Question) bargain Make Offer

Combine Shipping and Handling (postage).

You no like the price - don't buy - wait it out - and consider getting the

ship pin FREE from NCL by email and letter as noted in previous posts.

The cheapest ones are $6+ including shipping

That is pretty much the middle of the road - a buck of so for the pin and

Priority Mailing with Tracking $4 - the seller maybe making a token profit.

See if you can negotiate the postage to First Class at about $2 for about

half of the auction price. The plastic pins don't weigh much even if wrapped

well for mailing.

If you need the bird in hand by winning the auction go for it (Buy It Now)

otherwise wait for your ship pin to come in ! LOL !

Yeah I will check once in a while but I don't plan to buy unless NCL says no to the pins when I email them.

And yeah I sell a lot on eBay myself so I know how the game is played, thanks though. :)

wow, out of curiosity i looked up the norway pins since that was my first cruise, and they are super expensive.

i hope i can get a pin this time on the pearl. if not i'll look to ebay, thanks for the tips

The SS Norway was a favorite of ship lovers, in a similar class as the Cunard QE2....so anything associated with it is highly collectible...

i hope i can get a pin this time on the pearl.

Just go to the cruise consultant's desk on deck 7 in the atrium during office hours and ask for a pin. They'll give you one no problem - no checking of anything. To get Latitudes points for the older cruise, you will need to email NCL's Latitudes desk if they aren't already in an account set up in your name.

Definitely not true fleet-wide, but maybe this is another cutback in the works.

Del Rio would charge for them rather than do away with them, or at least test the concept of charging for them first. (I personally would pay a few dollars for one since it's one of the souveniers I try to bring back from each trip.)

The story they told luvcruzing on the Star doesn't make any sense at all: Someone is going to have to process hundreds of e-mail requests every week and NCL is going to pay to send pins all over the world to people's home addresses? The only sensible place to distribute the pins (whether for free or otherwise) is on each ship. It sounds like they just ran out on the Star.

I have been collecting the NCL pins for years, both from on the ships and from ebay. It is important to note that there are three different varieties of pins through the years. The first batch were square, or rectangular in shape. The second were round and the third kind (the best in my opinion) are oval with a design that is from the bow of the ship. Make sure you know which version you are purchasing as each of the ships have three variations of lapel pins out there. I have my pins on a pin board hanging up on my living room wall and consists of some of their old ships and the current ships. I am still missing a few, however.

The SS Norway was a favorite of ship lovers, in a similar class as the Cunard QE2....so anything associated with it is highly collectible...

i feel lucky my first cruise was on norway, my best friend and i had an awesome time.

I have been collecting the NCL pins for years, both from on the ships and from ebay. It is important to note that there are three different varieties of pins through the years. The first batch were square, or rectangular in shape. The second were round and the third kind (the best in my opinion) are oval with a design that is from the bow of the ship. Make sure you know which version you are purchasing as each of the ships have three variations of lapel pins out there. I have my pins on a pin board hanging up on my living room wall and consists of some of their old ships and the current ships. I am still missing a few, however.

great to know! i will keep looking out for pins form the ships i want and keep in mind the differences.

Edited by vampiress

I found one in my collection, that is a gold square, with the NCL logo, and a small 'diamond' chip....no ship name...do you know what that one is?

edit...it is in a small blue, white satin lined jewel box....

Edited by bob brown

The story they told luvcruzing on the Star doesn't make any sense at all: Someone is going to have to process hundreds of e-mail requests every week and NCL is going to pay to send pins all over the world to people's home addresses? The only sensible place to distribute the pins (whether for free or otherwise) is on each ship. It sounds like they just ran out on the Star.

I agree that it doesn't seem to make sense from a financial standpoint, but do you really think that hundreds of people will e-mail requests? As mentioned, some people don't want them and just leave them on the ship, new cruisers may not be aware that pins are available for the asking, and seasoned cruisers have multiple pins from the same ships. Doesn't matter to me either way. I e-mailed, and the pins arrived within a few days.

I found one in my collection, that is a gold square, with the NCL logo, and a small 'diamond' chip....no ship name...do you know what that one is?

Is that really a pin? Sounds like a jewelry box that might have been purchased in the gift shop?????

The latitude pins have the ships name on them. If this is a pin it just might be something from the gift shop.

The latitude pins have a sharp point sticking out of the back with a clasp that connects to it. Does your item have that or does it have a traditional safety pin-like feature that a button would have on the back?

Does it look like the ones in this post? Apparently they used to give those out years ago for completing 10 NCL cruises.
I agree that it doesn't seem to make sense from a financial standpoint, but do you really think that hundreds of people will e-mail requests?
That's only like 15-20 requests per cruise, and a lot of people have e-mail access right there on the ship or in port. I agree that a lot of people don't care about them and in the past a huge number ended up in the trash sooner or later, like most freebies. But as long as they continue to offer the pins as a Latitudes perk, people will continue to ask for them.

i thought so too but it can't find my account, and being my last cruise on them was so long ago, i doubt they will give me credit.

You should make your request soon. According to this page at NCL: IMPORTANT UPDATE: Effective February 1, 2016, we can only credit your Latitudes account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

When we went on our first cruise in 2013, my husband was signed up for the Latitude program. I did not do so until this year and made the request to add my past cruise. It took a few weeks, but they gave me the credit. As another person indicated, they can give credit for past cruises, even from "long ago", but it takes a little work. Start now if you think they might find it. Some points are better than none!

Does it look like the ones in this post? Apparently they used to give those out years ago for completing 10 NCL cruises.

Yes! That's the one (but only one in the box, not two)...

When I went to the Latitudes rep on the Jewel many years ago, to ask for my pin, she gave me the regular one, and threw this one in as a 'bonus', said they were discontinued, and were just giving them away until they were gone. Which by now I'm sure they all are.....

Edited by bob brown

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31167475&postcount=35

When I went to the Latitudes rep on the Jewel many years ago, to ask for my pin, she gave my the regular one, and threw this one in as a 'bonus', said they were discontinued, and were just giving them away until they were gone. Which by now I'm sure they all are.....

Edited by bob brown

When I went to the Latitudes rep on the Jewel many years ago, to ask for my pin, she gave me the regular one, and threw this one in as a 'bonus', said they were discontinued, and were just giving them away until they were gone. Which by now I'm sure they all are.....

Damn! Now I have to try to find that one.

Log on to Ebay look up item 252180215352 and if it is what you want and the price is right buy it now !

Other than that do a general search for NCL JEWEL SHIP PIN !

These pins come and the go don't find what you want or the price too steep keep coming back and browsing.

Also realize that in some cases the pin in hand is perhaps the only one you may see for several months/years so like Jack Benny "Your money or your life?"

So hurry up and make a decision - - - !

The discontinued pin I got is kind of neat, in that it is not just for one ship, but just generic to NCL. Nowadays, each ship has its own pin. That is neat too, as there are more variety to 'collect'.

As it has been said by many wags on these boards....these pins are the most expensive 'jewelry' most of us own....based on what we paid for our cruise to get them....:D