new barbados cruise port

joe grumble

:)

See as you were on ...... can I ask what is the diameter of the tables on the Balconies.

Odd I know

Edit, yes that shed, I have never really taken much notice of it really, always hot and tired, anyway its the gateway to a 2 week Caribbean cruise.

Table on the Balcony is square and quite small 30-40cm. Not a lot of space on the Balcony, you need to turn the chairs a bit sideways, but hey, it's a balcony and if you look out you can see the Carribean. Where I am now, if I look out over my computer screen I can see a car park. If I look up I can see grey English sky. Second thoughts the Balcony is Great.

:)

The other quaint thing about the warehouse was the variety of Tupperware they used as boxes to put your scanned items in, it's a shame you can't take pictures in there though I might try and sneak one in on Friday when half the ship gets off and on, really made me smile.

Yes you are on a Caribbean island not the USA or a major European city.

Most people report getting off the plane to getting on the ship to be less than an hour and most of that will be in the bus. We managed inside 50 mins.

Except when all the british planes arrive at the same time as happened to us two weeks ago. Then we had to stay on the plane for 25 minutes as there were no coaches left to take us to the grimy old shed for check in.

did you notice any building activity near the port when you flew in or when you arrived by coach.i`m concerned that you say that the check-in is a grimy hut. we cruise out of there next november and was hoping it would be well under construction by now.

hope you enjoyed your cruise though.

did you notice any building activity near the port when you flew in or when you arrived by coach.i`m concerned that you say that the check-in is a grimy hut. we cruise out of there next november and was hoping it would be well under construction by now.

hope you enjoyed your cruise though.

Don't worry, the current check in facilities are perfectly fine, I don't know why anyone would have an issue with them.

Some pictures of the dockside taken last Saturday, the warehouse even has SHED painted on the side, makes the QE2 terminal look positively upmarket :D

BBARB1.jpg

BBARB2.jpg

As long as the cruise ship is nice, it shouldn't really matter what the terminal looks like. The terminal is functional, gets everyone onboard relatively quickly and manages to load and unload the cruise ship effectively and within 30 minutes you will be on the cruise ship anyway. In America and Europe, you expect modern cruise terminals whereas in Caribbean, I always expect things to be different