Msc divination ?

Daisyloo

Most probably some one died or needed medical ASAP.We had same issue on HAL . But its normal on HAL :rolleyes:

We have been on HAL many times and never knew of anyone dying on board. I am sure it might happen, but it is not "normal"

They dont refund some money or things like that?

No, itineraries are always subject to change. You might get back some port charges, but, that is all.

Glad the person is stable. THREE HOURS!! why bother.

On the ship, there was some speculation that we HAD to go somewhere, as our previous ports, St Thomas and Puerto Rico are both US territories. The Jones Act, or whatever it is called. I wasn't sure, though, if the law means the contiguous states only? I was fairly certain we would go to Nassau, I wonder how much further it would have been to go to GSC? It probably would have been harder to corral us back onto the ship once everybody spread out on the beaches, though, akin to herding cats. :D

Even a few hours wandering around Nassau was fine with us - we were on a cruise and happy to be there! We were surprised at the number of fellow passengers griping about losing 7 hours of lying on a private beach when someone's life was at stake. If that were my loved one, who certainly didn't plan to have a life/death emergency on a cruise ship in the middle of an ocean, I would want others to be compassionate and gracious. I'm sure MSC didn't make the decision to return to port lightly, given the financial costs to them.

The lesson here is to remember NOT to book a cruise with the destination as the ABSOLUTE goal, as there are too many situations (usually beyond the control of the cruiseline) where you end up somewhere else..we didn't LIKE the changes - but it certainly wasn't as big of a deal to us as it appeared to be to a lot of other people. And we didn't ask, nor expect, any kind of refund in light of the seriousness of the problem for the patient with the life/death situation.