credit cards

Joal

23 minutes ago, yellow-submarine said:

It does not answer Puzz's question. It is a valid question if you have 2-4 people in a cabin how many credit cards you have to register?
In addition to that what happens if you don't register any card in first two days? Or if you register a debit card?

I believe that there is an option to select the names to include on the card. If a name is not selected, that person registers their card information.  Not sure about debit, have only registered the credit card.

One can select the persons to be registered on the same card, so all persons in your cabin can be registered on the same or on different cards.

When registering a debit card, a deposit will be charged to the bank account.

Third option, if one does not want to register any card, would be a cash deposit.

With a debit card or cash deposit, the final bill has to be settled at reception (guest service) before disembarking.

1 hour ago, rikitikitavii said:

I believe that there is an option to select the names to include on the card. If a name is not selected, that person registers their card information.  Not sure about debit, have only registered the credit card.

On our first MSC Divina did not accept my DEBIT and accepted regular credit card (with 3% foreign transaction charge).  On our second with MSC with a regular credit card they put a hold of $250 right the way for all the purchasing on board.  We ended spending more therefore no fund back into our CC.

Once on board MSC would remind people time and time over to register the CC.

Once a person learned MSC routine it is very easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2015 at 1:33 PM, Tonsoffun44 said:

Glad I just put Cash down for my sign an sail card, no need for these machines if they have them onboard. Hope they have someone standing nearby for those that can't figure out the machines. Heck in line at the bank it can take 5min for some people to figure out which way to swipe their ATM card to make a transaction at the teller.

I put some usa $dollars in on a European cruise and received an absolutely horrible exchange rate.  Would have been better using the credit card with no foreign transaction fees