Princess@Sea Instructions

floridalover5623

Very nice. So many people ask about this and it's so simple to do but having the written instructions available may alleviate the fears and answer the questions of many.

My main beef with the system is that it didn't list all of the activities. I also lost connection many times and had to reconnect. Of course I also had to check to see if my wife had messaged me or replied to a message I sent her and it was often very slow to update.

Edited by Thrak

The one thing this neglects to tell you is what URL to put in your browser to get onto the system. If I recall correctly, it is shipname.princess.com. I found this very frustrating when we were on the Crown last summer. It should be the first thing they mention, but it's not.

The one thing this neglects to tell you is what URL to put in your browser to get onto the system. If I recall correctly, it is shipname.princess.com. I found this very frustrating when we were on the Crown last summer. It should be the first thing they mention, but it's not.

I agree, now that you mention that I could never get it right. Just lucky it was already populated and came up on its own after being logged in prior.

Yes, it IS an app. I have it on my Nook, already. Going to try it next month.

You must be talking about something else. It is not an app. You do not have to download and install. It is more like a website.

I posted about this subject and felt this is a very important subject since many people have problems with this. Here is a link for this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289318&page=2

You must be talking about something else. It is not an app. You do not have to download and install.

This princess page has the links to the iTunes store, and the

google play store to download the ios or android APP.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/princess-at-sea/

The below is a quote from the page.

"The new Princess Cruises Messenger App is now available on select ships!

Key Messenger Features Include:

* Free onboard messaging to other guests onboard.

* Push notifications on your device when you receive a message.

* Contacts incorporated for ease of messaging.

* Automatically connects to Princess@Sea once onboard.

Now you can instantly connect with other guests onboard during your cruise with Princess! No more walking the ship in search of friends or family. Whether it’s planning drinks after dinner, or just letting them know where you are, the Princess@Sea Messenger makes it easier to touch base with other guests onboard.

The Messenger works seamlessly with Princess@Sea, our industry-leading, complimentary onboard mobile service that provides real time useful information on the ship events, activities, restaurants, ports and more!

While the messenger service can be utilized without the app, downloading the app is recommended to take full advantage of the push notifications.

The app can be downloaded for free prior to boarding. The purchase of an internet package may be necessary to download once onboard and at sea."

Edited by pablo222

This princess page has the links to the iTunes store, and the

google play store to download the ios or android APP.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/princess-at-sea/

Sorry, I did not know that there was an app for that.

Why would anyone want to download and install the app when they can go directly to the site and eliminate push notifications which are normally junk anyway?

Why would anyone want to download and install the app when they can go directly to the site and eliminate push notifications which are normally junk anyway?

The push messages in this case are to alert you to a new message.

They purportedly only work when one is connected to the internet.

The push messages in this case are to alert you to a new message.

They purportedly only work when one is connected to the internet.

So, to clarify this application/connection.

If I do not have this app installed on my device, I cannot use or receive notification that I have a message?

I can be connected to the Internet and use the options provided without this app.

Good to know that the messenger 'app' can be accessed via web browser; my DW's Jurassic-era smartphone is on an older version of Android that the official 'app' doesn't support. Hoping this will be a fairly easy workaround.

Yes, it IS an app. I have it on my Nook, already. Going to try it next month.

I am sure you do......

Please reread what I said. ;)

I do not have an app on my devices and I use the system everytime, including messages. We have never downloaded any app ahead of time.

and we have been on several recent cruises.

Many posts insisting that an app needs to be downloaded ahead of time.

Good to know that the messenger 'app' can be accessed via web browser; my DW's Jurassic-era smartphone is on an older version of Android that the official 'app' doesn't support. Hoping this will be a fairly easy workaround.

I do not and did not download or install the app. I did not use Princess' Messenger, so that is why I asked for clarification. That is why I started a previous post about this and more clarification is required in all aspects of this capability of Princess@Sea.

My only point was, why download and install an app if I have the same capability without it.

Thus, I can't answer your question. Sorry. Maybe someone will.

I am sure you do......

Please reread what I said. ;)

I do not have an app on my devices and I use the system everytime, including messages. We have never downloaded any app ahead of time.

and we have been on several recent cruises.

Many posts insisting that an app needs to be downloaded ahead of time.

Thanks for the clarification!

Have used the app many times without the download and install. However, never used Princess' messages.

So, why download and install an app that you really don't need? More stuff taking up your device.

Edited by Oxo

I did download the app for my last cruise. All it does is open an internet browser and populate the url so tht you have quicker access to the site. I asked the internet guy about it and he said you don't really need the app so I removed it.

I did download the app for my last cruise. All it does is open an internet browser and populate the url so tht you have quicker access to the site. I asked the internet guy about it and he said you don't really need the app so I removed it.

If you don't need it, why does Princess say you do need it and have the app available for SOME (but not all) smartphones? Something is amiss.

If you don't need it, why does Princess say you do need it and have the app available for SOME (but not all) smartphones? Something is amiss.

One should never ask why when it comes to anything to do with Princess and IT. :rolleyes:

I notice that the people saying one does not need the app have

not actually used the app, and in some cases were not even aware

of it.

The app might be the worst thing ever coded, but I think it would

be fair to have actually used it before maligning it.

The reports from people who have used it are mixed; but hopefully

princess will be able to work to improve it.