Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

I wish NCL would be more forthcoming with information. I was told that we are still stopping at Harvest Caye for my February 20 Jade cruise and that if it isn't ready that they will just have another sea day rather than stop in Belize City. Which is it? Surely we wouldn't only stop at two ports?

I wish NCL would be more forthcoming with information. I was told that we are still stopping at Harvest Caye for my February 20 Jade cruise and that if it isn't ready that they will just have another sea day rather than stop in Belize City. Which is it? Surely we wouldn't only stop at two ports?

We are on the cruise with you on the 20th. Surely I hope we stop somewhere else if it's not ready. I love sea days, but that would be a lot... :confused:

100 to 1 they stop at Belize city. Its good for the locals and good for NCL. Cheaper to stay anchored for the day than to cruise

It won't be open in February, those of us with February cruises got changed back to Belize City. Pretty disgusted with the excursion choices as there are only a few being offered. Mostly the cave tubing and zip lining. Been there done that.

We are scheduled for Feb 16 and have not been notified of change. Still shows Harvest Caye. How were you notified? TA or NCL direct?

Thanks

Spoke to our NCL rep today regarding Harvest Caye opening. Said official word it is on schedule and we will be stopping there on Feb 16. She stated they just had an all hands on deck meeting today and the only thing was mentioned about HC was how nice it was going to be and how much money they were spending on it. She sounded surprised when I mentioned the CC messages saying we were going to Belize City.

Take it for what it's worth. Being the very first week I still have my doubts.

Spoke to our NCL rep today regarding Harvest Caye opening. Said official word it is on schedule and we will be stopping there on Feb 16. She stated they just had an all hands on deck meeting today and the only thing was mentioned about HC was how nice it was going to be and how much money they were spending on it. She sounded surprised when I mentioned the CC messages saying we were going to Belize City.

Take it for what it's worth. Being the very first week I still have my doubts.

Taking it for what it is worth :D and thanking you for the update. :)

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic. Original question still stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry...Couldn`t resist.

-

I`m curious about that as well. With NCL`s lack of news releases, we may not know anything until the 1st cruzers go there and report in=Hopefully February.

Sorry...Couldn`t resist.

-

I`m curious about that as well. With NCL`s lack of news releases, we may not know anything until the 1st cruzers go there and report in=Hopefully February.

I'm not sure what kind of news one would be looking for other than when it would be opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tammy,

When were you notified about not going to Harvest Caye? We are the Jade, a week later, and haven't seen that change yet. The last notice I saw referenced opening on Feb 16th.

Thanks,

Robert

We were notified a coup,e months ago. Read others on here that were canceled that have March sailings. Strange, maybe they are holding some out in case it's ready sooner?

I'd like to know what activities will be available.

My only private island experience has been Castaway Cay. To say it was the best day of our vacation-lives is not exaggerating a bit.

I want to know how much lower I need to bring my expectations?

Ditto!!

We are not sailing until June but I'm waiting to hear what it is like, what is offered, excursions etc. The day we are due to go here is dd's birthday. I'm looking forward to hearing about peoples experiences once it's up and running.

There's been a fair amount of info over the past year if you want to go back and look for it. Maps of the port, tentative excursions etc. It is not supposed to be like one of the private islands, it is nearer to what Carnival did at Mahogany Bay. It is to be a developed port, with excursions on the mainland and locally. Pictures/drawings/maps are available though searches. No tendering, real dock facilities.

There's been a fair amount of info over the past year if you want to go back and look for it. Maps of the port, tentative excursions etc. It is not supposed to be like one of the private islands, it is nearer to what Carnival did at Mahogany Bay. It is to be a developed port, with excursions on the mainland and locally. Pictures/drawings/maps are available though searches. No tendering, real dock facilities.

How does this benefit NCL? Can anyone shed light?

We are scheduled for Feb 16 and have not been notified of change. Still shows Harvest Caye. How were you notified? TA or NCL direct?

Thanks

Here's an email I received directly from NCL on Sept 21:

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Star's 7-Day Western Caribbean sailing from Tampa, Florida on February 14, 2016. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We have made a change to the ship's itinerary and Norwegian Star will now call in Belize City, Belize arriving at 8am and departing at 5pm.

If you pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for Harvest Caye, your pre-booked shore excursion reservations will be automatically cancelled. For a list of shore excursions in Belize City, please visit our website at http://www.ncl.com/excursions or contact our shore excursion desk at 1-866-625-1167.

How does this benefit NCL? Can anyone shed light?

Well, they basically own the facilities and control what happens there, just like Mahogany Bay for Carnival. No competition with other cruise lines unless they rent them space. The control the vendors/business's etc.

Thanks

Hi, are you on the Jade that leaves on Feb 14? If so, it looks like they still show Harvest Caye for that one.

On NCL, it shows the Jade with Belize City for the Feb 6 departure and Harvest Caye for Feb 13, Feb 20 and Feb 27 departures.

On NCL, it shows the Star with Belize City for the Feb 7 and Feb 14 departures and Harvest Caye for Feb 21 and Feb 28 departures.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone kow if there are plans for a beach to be on the island within walking distance? If Harvest Caye is ready, my plan was to beach it near port and do some exploring ofthe island. In the sketches, it looks like there should be a beach....This is my only beach day planned, so I'm hoping it works out without really knowing what's there or if it will even be ready

I spoke to the pre-concierge for my March 19th Jade cruise on Monday. She said that all cruises in February would be going to Belize City instead of Harvest Caye. We are actually hoping that we get to go to Belize City because NCL offers diving at that port, but does not offer diving at Harvest Caye. She said to check back at the end of January/first of February to see if Harvest Caye had been changed to Belize City for our cruise.

I spoke to the pre-concierge for my March 19th Jade cruise on Monday. She said that all cruises in February would be going to Belize City instead of Harvest Caye. We are actually hoping that we get to go to Belize City because NCL offers diving at that port, but does not offer diving at Harvest Caye. She said to check back at the end of January/first of February to see if Harvest Caye had been changed to Belize City for our cruise.

Thanks for the update. We go two weeks after you.