Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

I think what may have happened with the aft penthouses is that they were actually booked. My parents are in one and honestly never saw the warning that final payment was due on 12/28. I found out about that (we had already paid) on 1/2 and fixed it less than 5 minutes later. Im guessing that had it been any longer, they would've lost their reservation. I bet that's why some came open.

Also, harvest caye excursions are MIA for the March 12th sailing also.

Edited by Starflyr3

Only reason I looked forward to HC was it would basically be free for my group of six with UBP to relax on the beach. Now it's another $300-$600 to go on an excursion or else we just stay on the ship. Makes me wonder if any of that is factoring into these delays.

Edited by Boschmann

Only reason I looked forward to HC was it would be basically be free for my group of six with UBP to relax on the beach. Now it's another $300-$600 to go on an excursion or else we just stay on the ship. Makes me wonder if any of that is factoring into these delays.

Same situation here! And we will stay on the Star!

Gone for our 2/21/16 sailing, also. I'm okay with that, actually. I'd rather see the stop ready vs a soft opening. We'll have OBC to spend, but we can always have dinner in Moderno and play more Bingo. With all of the hoopla around the outcry from the locals, I wasn't really to keen on being one of the first cruises there...there's talk of protestors greeting the cruise ship.

Good info..thanks everyone...I am a newbie to the NCL boards...only one NCL cruise on the old Majesty...out of Charleston many years ago...So possibly no private island for November? That is what Harvest Caye is right? Hate to hear that....as we sail Thanksgiving week with the family...

My friend (and TA) received this today via email. Can't provide a link, sorry.

Norwegian Cruise Line is developing the Caribbean's premier destination experience at Harvest Caye, Belize. This spectacular resort-style port of call will feature an expansive pool, exclusive beach, shallow lagoon for watersports, private luxury cabanas and many more exciting features. We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality amenities and services to our guests in one of the richest ecosystems in the region with a diversity of flora and fauna that is core to the Harvest Caye experience. As a result, the grand opening of Harvest Caye will take place in November 2016. Guests sailing on Western Caribbean cruises now through mid-November will enjoy the beauty, adventure and rich history of this country with a call in Belize City.

Further details on the destination and the experiences will be revealed in early 2016 and we look forward to welcoming our guests to Harvest Caye this fall. A communication to booked guests will be sent later this week with revised itinerary details.

If you have any questions, please send an email to askvivian@ncl.com.

Best Regards,

Vivian

Vivian Ewart, Vice President, Passenger Services

Norwegian Cruise Line is developing the Caribbean's premier destination experience at Harvest Caye, Belize. This spectacular resort-style port of call will feature an expansive pool, exclusive beach, shallow lagoon for watersports, private luxury cabanas and many more exciting features. We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality amenities and services to our guests in one of the richest ecosystems in the region with a diversity of flora and fauna that is core to the Harvest Caye experience. As a result, the grand opening of Harvest Caye will take place in November 2016. Guests sailing on Western Caribbean cruises now through mid-November will enjoy the beauty, adventure and rich history of this country with a call in Belize City.

Further details on the destination and the experiences will be revealed in early 2016 and we look forward to welcoming our guests to Harvest Caye this fall. A communication to booked guests will be sent later this week with revised itinerary details.

Best Regards,

Vivian

Thanks for sharing! I searched and found this news snippet:

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Opening-postponed-for-Norwegian-Cruise-Line-private-destination-in-Belize

Best Regards,

Vivian

Another thank you here...too bad looks like we're not going...will send this to dil..she has done all the bookings..etc...

I`m kinda POed!!! ncl knew about this moths ago but waited until allota final payments got in.

We all know that the cruz lines read these threads so:

Bad policy NCL!!! 12 years since I`ve sailed you, now it looks like another 12 will go by, God willing.

Harvest Caye excursions not appearing for the April 24th Getaway sailing either. There were three listed there last week and now nothing.

I guess I'm off to research excursions out of Belize City. Any ideas?

Edited by JKSWonder

Harvest Caye excursions not appearing for the April 24th Getaway sailing either. There were three listed there last week and now nothing.

I guess I'm off to research excursions out of Belize City. Any ideas?

I'm thinking cave tubing. Not sure from whom yet. It's crazy expensive thru NCL, as expected, so I'll likely go independent. I'll wait until the itinerary is officially changed before I contact independent vendors. Any independent vendor suggestions?